• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Andre Davis WR- Jefferson Sr. HS

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,041
  • Days Won:  11

Ah Rutgers. They were able to pluck Jeremy Deering last year from our backyard. Beware the recuiting power of SchianoFace.  ;D I thought retaining Carl Franks this year would have helped in having more local kids looking our way.

with fans like theirs, how could someone not want to go there?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR54GLFc10qKQt6GdEtXjp8uezunhIDa8Y_y2H1RBqWgTR6Y-1MXw

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Jefferson's Davis Schedules Two Visits 

Andre Davis  By Brian Dohn

ScarletReport.com publisher

Posted Dec 22, 2010 

| More

Rutgers has been recruiting Jefferson High (Tampa) four-star receiver Andre Davis for a while, and now the process is getting close to the finish line. Davis spoke to ScarletReport.com about his recruitment, and divulged he has set up a pair of official visits. Davis also talked about the schools recruiting him the hardest.

Jefferson High (Tampa) receiver Andre Davis stayed quiet about his recruitment as his team ripped its way to the Florida Class 3A title by setting scoring records and pasting the competition.

The Dragons finished the season 15-0, and averaged 49.7 points per game. Davis, a 6-foot-1, 180-pound four-star recruited, finished the season with 63 catches for 1,300 yards and 12 touchdowns, and is ready to delve into the recruiting process.

“Rutgers, Texas Tech, South Florida and Georgia,†Davis said when asked what schools he is hearing from the most. “I’m wide open. I’m visiting USF on the 14th (of January) and Rutgers on the 21st.â€

Davis added he could add a Texas Tech visit to his schedule, but that is yet to materialize.

When it comes to Rutgers, he is dealing with a pair of Scarlet Knights in running backs coach Chris Hewitt and freshman linebacker Fred Overstreet, who is played at Jefferson last season.

“(Overstreet) actually came back down here and I’ve been speaking to him,†Davis said. “(Hewitt) says I need to get up there on a visit and see what they’re all about.â€

However, like teammate Ramik Wilson, who is visiting Rutgers the same weekend, Davis’ focus was on the state playoffs. The Dragons set state records for points scored in the regular season (530) and full season (746), which includes the postseason.

In the title game, Jefferson scored 22 points in the first quarter and cruised to a 44-34 win.

“It was great. A lot of the hard work paid off,†Davis said. “That team wasn’t as tough as us. I know they didn’t prepare like us. I didn’t think they were as good as us. I don’t think they had as many athletes as us.â€

The only thing left to prove is where the Dragons stand in the state hierarchy regardless of class, but that won’t happen. The Florida playoff system stops after the class title games.

“I like us against any team in the state, really and truly,†Davis said. “We can play with anyone in the state.†

• Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Andre is named Honorable Mention All-American by Rivals. Really nice acclaim for a prospect that we would love to  have. Hope he is watching on Friday as we take on Clemson. Maybe he'll notice our lack of depth of skilled pass catchers.

WR: Stanton Seckinger, Charleston (S.C.) Porter Gaud School

Seckinger nearly made his way onto the first team All-American list with his spectacular senior season. The Clemson soft-commit caught 105 passes for 1,833 yards and 26 touchdowns. The 6-5 player could bulk up and slide into tight end if need be - but he has the speed to stay on the outside.

HM: Max Morrison, Kenton (Ohio) High; Andre Davis, Tampa (Fla.) Jefferson.

http://highschool.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1169241

• Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Since this kid's a local, is there no need for an official visit with USF? I don't get the sense that Andre is interested in staying in Tampa for his college years.

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Without an official visit we have no shot.  Even though he is local. Often for the local kids the official shows that usf has a lot of the same environment as other schools as far as campus life is concerned.

Without an official visit we have no shot.  Even though he is local. Often for the local kids the official shows that usf has a lot of the same environment as other schools as far as campus life is concerned.

his scout page shows he's coming on the 14th.

http://southflorida.scout.com/a.z?s=359&p=8&c=1&nid=4441342

however, the rivals page shows him going to texas tech on the 14th  ???

http://rivals.yahoo.com/footballrecruiting/football/recruiting/player-Andre-Davis-101257

http://rivals.yahoo.com/footballrecruiting/football/recruiting/player-Andre-Davis-101257

The article above says USF on the 14th in a direct quote on Dec 22nd. Rivals might not be up to speed on that<shocker>

The article above says USF on the 14th in a direct quote on Dec 22nd. Rivals might not be up to speed on that<shocker>

I know....just seemed odd, I guess they don't have memberships to each others boards  ;D

I wonder if this is in lieu of or planning to make it on the 14th.

via twitter

joshnewberg Josh Newberg

WR Andre Davis tells me he got a visit from #USF today, a coach will meet with his parents tonight

Archived