• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Andre Davis WR- Jefferson Sr. HS

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

Interesting news out of Big County Preps...

http://bigcountypreps.com

Andre Davis, Jefferson: USF, FSU, Texas Tech are on his short list

You are correct, and from all intensive purposes nothing against Dre but FSU has closed out there recruiting for WR's for this cycle.  If FSU was the school that Dre wanted to attend seriously he would have gave a verbal a long time ago.  I am confident he will go to USF upgrade their WR corp and get early PT.

And they closed out the idea of taking Dre about 6 months ago, ditto for UM.  He's a nice big WR, but he's also slow, with what some would say limited range.  The fact is he was the 2nd best WR on his team this year...and ignorantly USF didn't offer the best who will now be playing against us at Cinci.  There are also serious doubts if the Tech offer still stands they've got 4 WR commits..psst, like I said he's a Bull.

If Dre wants

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,757

You are correct, and from all intensive purposes nothing against Dre but FSU has closed out there recruiting for WR's for this cycle.  If FSU was the school that Dre wanted to attend seriously he would have gave a verbal a long time ago.  I am confident he will go to USF upgrade their WR corp and get early PT.

And they closed out the idea of taking Dre about 6 months ago, ditto for UM.  He's a nice big WR, but he's also slow, with what some would say limited range.  The fact is he was the 2nd best WR on his team this year...and ignorantly USF didn't offer the best who will now be playing against us at Cinci.  There are also serious doubts if the Tech offer still stands they've got 4 WR commits..psst, like I said he's a Bull.

If Dre wants

Are you really complaining about the possibility of getting Andre Davis? Give me a break man.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

If Dre wants

Are you really complaining about the possibility of getting Andre Davis? Give me a break man.

I agree. he looked pretty darn good in the state title game.

If Dre wants

Not complaining just calling it like it is.  If you want big time then hope we land Rashawn Scott.  That's where the future of USF football resides in the remaining uncommits.

• Content Count:  1,081
  • Days Won:  2

If Dre wants

Not complaining just calling it like it is.  If you want big time then hope we land Rashawn Scott.  That's where the future of USF football resides in the remaining uncommits.

I'm not saying your statement is wrong, but the so-called experts would certainly dispute your claim.  Scott definitely has the competition level holding him back, but I still hope we land him.  I would take Davis over him though.

• Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

If Dre wants

I'm not saying your statement is wrong, but the so-called experts would certainly dispute your claim.  Scott definitely has the competition level holding him back, but I still hope we land him.  I would take Davis over him though.

I have to agree with BullPride on this one. Dre gets a lot of support from the local community but if you want to rely on "experts" Scott and Davis have substantially similar offers from 1-a schools, ranked the same on Rivals and Scout will surely change Davis' ranking from 4 to 3 stars once he commits. Scott is a fair bit bigger and stronger and equally as fast. I think Scott will top out as a much bigger receiver, which we need with Bogan leaving. I WANT BOTH OF THEM. I think we should put aside any disagreements until after NSD. Let's just get them and we'll have until spring to see where they hit the depth charts. This is what's called a quality problem.

This should say it all for anyone that is asking...

http://www.tampabay.com/hometeam/stats/players/football/2010/receiving/

Andre Davis is a very good WR, but he's the second best WR on his team.  I suppose it burns the locals butts a bit recognizing that the best WR at Jefferson is going to a conference foe.  Dre is good, but he's limited and no one will disagree with that statement.  He's run forties in the 4.8 before, and he's run them in the 4.6's...he's not going to burn anyone at our level...but he's got a great leaping ability, supreme ball timing and instincts, and excellent hands.

Scott is much faster than Davis.  Imagine this Scott ran for over 1000, caught over 1000, and threw for nearly 1000 yards in his senior year and scored almost 28 TD's in every way imaginable.  Granted most of his opponents were like pee-wee...although he had a huge game against Cocoa where he was the QB and ran for 100, threw for 150, and caught a 60 yard bomb, and INT for a TD to win that game against Cocoa.  A team that had Chevelle Buie and about 8-10 other kids that are going to be playing college ball somewhere.  Scott shredded them up as a pure athlete, Dre isn't that type of an athlete he is more of a pure WR, possession guy.  I'm kinda thinking of SJ Green when I think of Davis...but Davis has a little more to his game then Green.  And Green was solid and underrated when USF signed him out of Brandon 7 years ago.  No diss on Dre, but like Bill is saying you've got to know what you're getting.

Best receiving target coming in might be Rory Anderson...another important get if possible.  Think of him like a real athletic TE...that's the kid of elite athleticism Skip and Fitch's offense wins with.  Throw in a hyper athletic WR like Scott stretching the field, Davis and Ruben roaming the intermediates catching the middle, and a TE stretching the flats that's athletic enough to beat most LB, and safeties off the snap.

• Content Count:  1,757

Spoke to WR Andre Davis before his #usf visit. I think he commits, but expect him to still visit #rutgers and #wvu

http://twitter.com/joshnewberg

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Spoke to WR Andre Davis before his #usf visit. I think he commits, but expect him to still visit #rutgers and #wvu

http://twitter.com/joshnewberg

If he commits why would he take any other visits? He needs to stand up in front of the other visitors and announce his commitment and say he's done with recruiting. That's the way he helps to get other guys  who are on the fence.

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

If Dre wants

Examples of Limited Range:

74635_1452697411295_1649091848_1022629_3791138_n.jpg

35318_1303139232434_1649091848_721282_1821902_n.jpg

44914_1370297431347_1649091848_872484_3086442_n.jpg

37206_1385357207832_1649091848_898970_7273034_n.jpg

Archived