• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Holtz Owns Final Offensive Series

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

If you polled 100 people....90 of them would have said run it form the 5 yard line, 5 would say quick slant, 4 would say QB sneak or bootleg, 1 would say throw 2 fade routes in the corner of the endzone

I would say run, bootleg to TE, run.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

If you polled 100 people....90 of them would have said run it form the 5 yard line, 5 would say quick slant, 4 would say QB sneak or bootleg, 1 would say throw 2 fade routes in the corner of the endzone

I would say run, bootleg to TE, run.

Exact sequence of plays i wanted too. 

• Content Count:  260
  • Days Won:  0

This was one of the poorest end of game play calling and time management I can remember by ANYONE!!

Does make you wonder if the man in charge has what we need to go forward.

I for one feels we need to overlook this and move on, but we need to keep this in the back of our minds.

This wasn't the only poor time management in this game.  At the end of the 1st half we did similar (in our own territory) and had to punt to them and give them the ball with time left.

Just have to wonder if maybe HCSH needs to have someone else keep track of time managemant and advise him during the heat of the battle????

The play calling looked like a plan by someone who thought we couldn't score "normally" and had to try to gimmic our way into the endzone.

Where are the roll-out run pass options, the sweeps, the "full house backfields and pounding the rock"??

Bush league at it's best, but I think he is smart enough to learn and do better.  And with his own players.

But is that good enough??   Yes for now, but not next year.

UCONN had timeouts. If we would of ran the ball, they would of just called timeout and killed the clock. Not like they would of let us run all of the time off.

• Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

This was one of the poorest end of game play calling and time management I can remember by ANYONE!!

I for one feels we need to overlook this and move on, but we need to keep this in the back of our minds.

This wasn't the only poor time management in this game.  At the end of the 1st half we did similar (in our own territory) and had to punt to them and give them the ball with time left.

Just have to wonder if maybe HCSH needs to have someone else keep track of time managemant and advise him during the heat of the battle????

The play calling looked like a plan by someone who thought we couldn't score "normally" and had to try to gimmic our way into the endzone.

Where are the roll-out run pass options, the sweeps, the "full house backfields and pounding the rock"??

Bush league at it's best, but I think he is smart enough to learn and do better.  And with his own players.

UCONN had timeouts. If we would of ran the ball, they would of just called timeout and killed the clock. Not like they would of let us run all of the time off.

But without those timeouts, maybe they don't have time to get a field goal off. They used both of those timeouts during the winning drive.

• Content Count:  260

But without those timeouts, maybe they don't have time to get a field goal off. They used both of those timeouts during the winning drive.

They wouldn't of had a problem going 25 yards in a minute and a half and still getting a field goal off without timeouts. Them starting on the 40 killed us. They only moved the ball 25 yards to the 35 and then kicked it. If we do a better job on the kickoff, I think it is a different game, but everything is easier in hindsight.

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

They wouldn't of had a problem going 25 yards in a minute and a half and still getting a field goal off without timeouts. Them starting on the 40 killed us. They only moved the ball 25 yards to the 35 and then kicked it. If we do a better job on the kickoff, I think it is a different game, but everything is easier in hindsight.

...but without the timeouts, they may have been content to go to OT and take their chances there...without the timeouts, you can sell out for the pass because you have taken Todman out of the game. The timeouts were huge.

We KNEW that the kick returner was the best in the nation, our staff couldn't have 100% expected us to stop him short of the 20.

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

The funny thing is, if it had worked, everyone would be calling Holtz a genius right now and had he run the ball, you guys would have been complaining about how predictable we were or that we gave it to the wrong RB, or we ran to the wrong side.  Anything that didn't work would have the same people ********.

What about the play calling that even got us in that position?

• Content Count:  4,642

we should have ran the ball three times.  we were doing well running.

Archived