• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Fade Pass

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,528
  • Days Won:  0

1st and goal from the 5, I'd rather see 3 running plays or a QB roll out, to keep the clock moving. Didn't like us putting all the pressure on a QB making his first start, let Mo give it a few shots on his last game to be the hero.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  3,467
  • Days Won:  19

About that fade pass...both were out of bounds and almost impossible for Bogan to catch and stay in bounds.

I thought it was a bad call to do it twice when we could run the ball and run down the clock.

Bingo! Keep the clock moving possibly force Uconn to burn some T.O.'s instead of stopping the clock for them.  A playaction boot where we try to sneak the FB out or the TE on a delay would have been a great call too.  Those Fades were the worst possible playcalls outside of vodoo 5.  Quick plays, that stop the clock, and it's not something we do often enough to justify using it in such an important situation.  Bad playcalling but im glad Skip took ownership of it.

Yeah, I can't grip with the execution to much but I was beside myself that we did not run the ball.  It was the wrong call in my mind and Skip said as much in post game.

• Content Count:  403

Bogan is only 6'1"..  may not be tall enough to throw the fade to.. even if he is our best WR..  I'd guess that they were trying to be safe and try to stay free of interceptions..

• Content Count:  2,495
  • Days Won:  1

Still not sure why they were called.

Those are relatively safe throws.  Eveld already had 3 INTs for the game.  Can you imagine this place with him throwing #4 in the endzone, down by three, with a minute to play?

You won't see a more perfect fade than the one BJ threw to B-B in the Pitt game on the last drive where he was mugged and couldn't catch it.

I remember this play, but not sure I would call that a fade.  I think it was just a three step drop and pass. 

• Content Count:  183

I just bet if Richard Kelly wasn't out injured running the ball 1 or 2 more times would've been a no-brainer to the coaches.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

Still not sure why they were called.

Those are relatively safe throws.  Eveld already had 3 INTs for the game.  Can you imagine this place with him throwing #4 in the endzone, down by three, with a minute to play?

The problem is really more with throwing at all in that particular situation ... but if you are, roll him out where he has better control on the pass plus it uses up more time. That fade just seems to be a low percentage option ...

You won't see a more perfect fade than the one BJ threw to B-B in the Pitt game on the last drive where he was mugged and couldn't catch it.

I remember this play, but not sure I would call that a fade.  I think it was just a three step drop and pass.

Don't really disagree but it was the same pass DB alluded to as a fade in the UM game so I was just following that ...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

I just bet if Richard Kelly wasn't out injured running the ball 1 or 2 more times would've been a no-brainer to the coaches.

That probably was part of the thinking ...

• Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

1st and goal from the 5, I'd rather see 3 running plays or a QB roll out, to keep the clock moving. Didn't like us putting all the pressure on a QB making his first start, let Mo give it a few shots on his last game to be the hero.

+1.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Bogan is only 6'1"..  may not be tall enough to throw the fade to.. even if he is our best WR..  I'd guess that they were trying to be safe and try to stay free of interceptions..

We have a 6' 8" WR who could jump to the moon to get a reach on almost any long pass in the end zone.  Put Bogan on one end and let the defense key on him, and send the ball to TJ Knowles.  Just a thought.

• Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

We have a 6' 8" WR who could jump to the moon to get a reach on almost any long pass in the end zone.  Put Bogan on one end and let the defense key on him, and send the ball to TJ Knowles.  Just a thought.

There's a reason Knowles couldn't get off the end of the bench.  He wasn't good enough, even if he is 6'8".

Archived