• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Maybe I am old school, but thought back to back time-outs were illegal

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  274
  • Days Won:  2

Back to back timeouts is one thing, but calling a timeout a split-second before the ball is hiked is pure crap. I have hated that move since the first time I saw it called. I wish this bush-league move would be outlawed. I would not like it, even if Skip did it.

Every now and again a coach gets stung with it and I love when that happens. Sean Payton of New Orleans tried that earlier this year. The kicker missed the first kick, but got another chance because of the timeout. Made the kick the next time and won the game.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  2,558
  • Days Won:  0

Bush league or not it is a legal play and you can

't fault a person to do whatever it takes within the rules to win. Had he sent some random guy off the bench(not in the play) to run out and block the kick then you could get upset but playing by the rule

s is playing by the rules

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,582
  • Days Won:  423

Bush league or not it is a legal play and you can't fault a person to do whatever it takes within the rules to win.

Yes, I can ...  ;)

• Content Count:  21,029
  • Days Won:  38

Bush league or not it is a legal play and you can't fault a person to do whatever it takes within the rules to win.

Yes, I can ...  ;)

Right on!  Can I also fault him for choosing to get 0 points in OT?  LOL.

• Content Count:  274
  • Days Won:  2

Yes, I can ...  ;)

I will fault him also, because I just hate the play.

• Content Count:  2,558

True, you can, I forgot about freedom of thoughts.

I don't like the no points call, you have to get something on the board! Especially the way usf was not moving the ball, get three and make us get 6

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

I think the rule should be changed to a coach cannot call a timeout on a FG once the entire Offense is set.  A Defensive player could still call it though.  It's bush league and ghey but it's legal so I really can't whine about it too much.

Guess what though?  We won so Strong and Loserville can suck my ****.

Guest nybullsfan

My proposal would be that DURING A FG ATTEMPT, no one on the defending team (including coaches and players) can call a timeout in the LAST 10 SECONDS of the play clock.

Also, 2 timeouts cannot be used consecutively.

A third rule change I would like to see is that if a player is hurt badly enough to require the clock to stop and trainers to enter the field, that player cannot return during that half of the game. This will stop feigned injuries (at least by first-stringers) just to stop the clock, or slow down a fast-paced team.

:2cents

• Content Count:  154

Does anyone remember the Pitt-Utah game at the beginning of the season? I can't recall all the details, but I believe THREE timeouts in a row were called to ice one of the kickers and it was the difference in the game. I completely agree - timeouts should not decide games, plays on the field should.

• Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

Maybe it's the beer, or the fact that I am old, but I Loserville called back to back time outs to freeze Bonani, I thought that was illegal.

the are not

theyshould be

Archived