• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bulls vs. Souher Miss

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  228
  • Days Won:  0

Come on Coach Heath, that is beyond pathetic.

Can't you recruit better than that, or even coach better?

Very Poor Job Dude!

We suck again!

• Content Count:  1,390

Can't you recruit better than that, or even coach better?

Not even recruiting. This was on coaching IMO. Stupid substitutions at critical times.

• Content Count:  228

I honestly think even I could draw up a few plays to score a basket or two in that same time span!

SMazza probably could also :)

Terrible job Coach Heath, way to blow a game!

• Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  1

It's just one game, against a decent opponent. As long as the bugs get worked out by January, it should be ok.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,608
  • Days Won:  424

After watching this, I know I like USF football much more than basketball.

After watching this a turtle race is more exciting to watch. That would be faster then Stan Heath Ball.

I wish you would just always follow the best basketball team in the country like you claim to do for football, and then go pester fans of that team rather than the people here. It seems like all you do is rag on USF, regardless of the sport.

So you rather not know the truth?

Let's not confuse opinion with truth.

OK tell me your observation on tonight and what type of season you expect for our Bulls?

We don't win 1 BE game playing like tonight ... but obviously Stan's going to need probably the whole ooc season to get some type of rotation to avoid that. Like most who've followed USF hoops for a bit knew, Howard's contributions are going to be much toughter to replace than DoJo's. Tonight was very reminiscent of the early Howard years .... not a lot of penetrating guard play and no one savvy enough to get the ball cleanly inside ... but Gus's foul trouble also kept him out as a target. Poland had a good game stastically but he looked freaking lost out there at times and should be an even bigger contributor.

Noriega's defense looked a lot better than his offense tonight but he's got to keep shooting to, hopefully, break out. They've got to have him or Burwell (not sure why he played so little tonight) contribute points wise this year. Crater just doesn't look like a team leader out there and I was surprised to see him out there at the end of the game. SHowtime brings some energy with him, doesn't appear timid at all but come BE time who knows .... hell, bottom line, is Stan's got a helluvalot of **** to get straightened out but it's not like we didn't already know this ... although, from the looks of this thread some obviously didn't.  ;)

• Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

Couldn't see it up here in Bama, but "Do we suck again?"

No.  No where near as bad as the McCullum era teams or Heath's first two years.

Tonight they were sloppy and at times looked lost, but I saw potential for this team. And the main thing was that it was a TEAM. It was not get the ball to one man, or throw up a prayer when that doesn't work.  With some time, I think they could be a solid team.

That said, there are things that concerned me tonight.  Noriega has become a head case. I've heard how great of a shooter he is, but I can't recall anytime he made a meaningful shot.   I really have to question Heath about the end of the game.  Down 4 with about 40 seconds left and all the guys on the floor are trying to hit a 3, instead of taking the easy 2 and fouling. I blame coaching on that.

I'll reserve my comments about the officiating and security for another time.

Archived