• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Josh Grady- Armwood HS

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  2,523
  • Days Won:  0

Having been where Grady is now I can say he can't go wrong if he gets into the USF Honors Program.  It's a GREAT program and the classes are awesome.  I never had to attend class to do well, but I rarely missed an honors program class.  For pre-med, USF has a TON of opportunities for you, I know when I was premed they hooked me up with working over at Shriners which is ON CAMPUS.  Other friends were at Moffet Cancer Institute also on campus.  Loads of opportunity and the support structure the honors program provides is incredible if you need/want it.  Of course, I'm sure football will make sure you have the resources you need to help you get where you need to go. 

If I were in his shoes, it'd be down to Wake and USF with USF having a significant edge if I thought I had any shot at developing into a potential pro player...

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  347
  • Content Count:  1,867

I could see Vandy being a good option for him if he doesn't join us...

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

I have to admit that I'm a little frustrated that he hasn't come out with a verbal to a school yet. In Grady we have a kid that's a clear-cut legacy, with both parents being USF grads, and he's still keeping the decision close to his vest. On the other hand, a kid like Chickillo, who's also a legacy, verballed to Miami a while ago, waivered a bit on the commitment after Shannon's firing, and he's still very ikely to stay a Cane based on the his legacy. I guess it's that USF still lacks the tradition, right?

• Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  2,569
  • Days Won:  1

He told everyone he was going to do this.  Just have faith that at the end of the day, he pulls that USF hat out on signing day.

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

joshnewberg: #Iowastate is visiting Armwood QB Josh Grady today. Wed, 19 Jan 2011

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  406

I have to admit that I'm a little frustrated that he hasn't come out with a verbal to a school yet. In Grady we have a kid that's a clear-cut legacy, with both parents being USF grads, and he's still keeping the decision close to his vest. On the other hand, a kid like Chickillo, who's also a legacy, verballed to Miami a while ago, waivered a bit on the commitment after Shannon's firing, and he's still very ikely to stay a Cane based on the his legacy. I guess it's that USF still lacks the tradition, right?

He's a legacy, but theres a difference.  Chickillo's father (1979-82) and grandfather (1950-52) played at UM.  He grew up a UM fan and from many articles I read said thats where he's wanted to go since he was a kid.

With Grady, his parents went to USF, but there is no long time Football connection.  I know its similar, but there is a difference.  They probably used to root for different teams and he probably grew up rooting for other teams at least until we came around, and even then we weren't on the same level we are now.

He's a bright kid, he'll make a decision thats best for him and his family.  I hope its USF, but wherever he decides he'll be successful on and off the field.

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

He's a legacy, but theres a difference.  Chickillo's father (1979-82) and grandfather (1950-52) played at UM.  He grew up a UM fan and from many articles I read said thats where he's wanted to go since he was a kid.

With Grady, his parents went to USF, but there is no long time Football connection.  I know its similar, but there is a difference.  They probably used to root for different teams and he probably grew up rooting for other teams at least until we came around, and even then we weren't on the same level we are now.

He's a bright kid, he'll make a decision thats best for him and his family.  I hope its USF, but wherever he decides he'll be successful on and off the field.

I have been thinking that all along and I agree totally. Way to lay it out there Pimp.

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

joshnewberg: Josh Grady tells me today he has been offered by #Temple, #Vandy, #Minnesota and #FAU all teams offered as a quarterback.

Thu, 20 Jan 2011

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

joshnewberg: Josh Grady tells me today he has been offered by #Temple, #Vandy, #Minnesota and #FAU all teams offered as a quarterback.

Thu, 20 Jan 2011

He will never see a BCS game (and probably not a conference championship) with any of those teams.  At USF, he has a real chance to go to a contending team.