• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Josh Grady- Armwood HS

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

I would be quite surprised if he doesn't come to usf.  its a legacy thing.

Also, Iowa State, apparently, doesn't have a med shool and he wants to become an MD. USF  has a very good med school and he would have a much easier time setting up a practice in his own back yard. I suspect that Holtz didn't promise him a chance to play QB, and that's apparently what he prefers, which makes his decsion tougher.

From what I've heard, USF hasn't flat out said "No to QB" just that they think his best bet is at S.

He probably expected a little more than that. My hunch is just based on a comment he made on FB during his visit, that he was "annoyed."

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Someone has to be speaking frankly with him I hope. He won't likely make it to the NFL as a QB, but could very likely make it as Safety. A few years in the NFL would really help with a few simoleons to set up a practice.

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

Josh, you know Wake Forest is a good school but you aren't gonna win your football conference too.

Via twit

joshnewberg Josh Newberg

#wakeforest head coach Jim Grobe will do an in home visit tonight with Armwood QB Josh Grady.

I have to say that without any hesitation I liked your other profile pic much better.  Nonetheless thanks for all of your insight and posts this recruiting season.

Someone has to be speaking frankly with him I hope. He won't likely make it to the NFL as a QB, but could very likely make it as Safety. A few years in the NFL would really help with a few simoleons to set up a practice.

If his heart is set on playing QB, like it was with Blackwell and Grothe, then it's not easy to change. He says that the USF staff who who helped Nate Allen ge to the NFL as a safety are now gone. I think he just wants a legitimate chance to compete at QB wherever he goes. If he believes that USF will give him that, then it makes his decision that much easier. That's just my opinion.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  12
  • Days Won:  0

Also, Iowa State, apparently, doesn't have a med shool and he wants to become an MD. USF  has a very good med school and he would have a much easier time setting up a practice in his own back yard. I suspect that Holtz didn't promise him a chance to play QB, and that's apparently what he prefers, which makes his decsion tougher.

Iowa State does not have a med school however; the pre-med program is top notch.  Many students take that route and get into elite med schools out of Iowa State.  My brother took that route and is a very successful MD.  Mr. Grady will have to complete an undergrad program before med school no matter where he choses to go.  From what I have gathered he would have a shot at QB at Iowa State.  

He seems like a heck of a kid and whatever program he decides to attend will have a good kid to work with.

• Topic Count:  68
  • Content Count:  1,757

Well if he is dead set on playing QB then he wont be a fit here. Hate to lose an intelligent kid like this, but not much we can do if he wants to play a position the coaches dont need him at.

Iowa State does not have a med school however; the pre-med program is top notch.  Many students take that route and get into elite med schools out of Iowa State.  My brother took that route and is a very successful MD.  Mr. Grady will have to complete an undergrad program before med school no matter where he choses to go.  From what I have gathered he would have a shot at QB at Iowa State.  

He seems like a heck of a kid and whatever program he decides to attend will have a good kid to work with.

BTW, we all loved Wally Burnham. I had a chance to speak with him in Charlotte during our bowl game. One of his sons still works at USF athletics. Do you know if he is the one recruiting Grady?

I do understand that you have a fine pre med program, but USF offers a fast track to undergraduates becoming an MD through their med school. USF also lets undergraduates train and do research with the med school. The USF Honors program is also among the best.

I'm sure Grady will make a wise decision for himself. I wish him all the best, whatever he decides.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  136

BTW, we all loved Wally Burnham. I had a chance to speak with him in Charlotte during our bowl game. One of his sons still works at USF athletics. Do you know if he is the one recruiting Grady?

I do understand that you have a fine pre med program, but USF offers a fast track to undergraduates becoming an MD through their med school. USF also lets undergraduates train and do research with the med school. The USF Honors program is also among the best.

I'm sure Grady will make a wise decision for himself. I wish him all the best, whatever he decides.

He is.

I figured that was the case. We didn't dicuss specific recruits. I just told him to leave ours alone. I guess he didn't listen.  ;)

There were additional comments made to his statement on FB. One of them was this:

Michael Bentley wake = mistake, youll have to score a million points a game to win lol no D

about an hour ago · UnlikeLike ·  2 people

You and Joshua JStat Grady like this. 

Well, if that's any indication, Grady aint going to end up at WF.  ;D