• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Shaw's absence explained

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  22,693
  • Days Won:  108

Both Greg and Adam had bits on Shaw not practicing with the team because of academics.  FCSH wants him to get that straightened out before he comes back to the team.  Also indicated that he is making progress.

I guess it is good to nip this in the early stages.

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  5,241
  • Days Won:  0

Yea, I remember not doing to hot my first semester of college either (Biology, College Algebra...yuk)  Hopefully he gets his grades settled and figures out how to study for exams  and for certain classes while juggling football too.

• Content Count:  4,642

hopefully he doesn't become another academic casualty.

• Content Count:  37,642
  • Days Won:  29

Ad unfortunately won't be RS'd ?

• Content Count:  22,693
  • Days Won:  108

It is his first semester and the coaching staff seems to be on top of it.  Unless he has the IQ of my desk, they'll tutor him up.  Fingers crossed.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

He has a ton of ability so hopefully he can get this worked out.  I like how CSH has decided to get after this early and not allow it to become something that could cost him a season when he's ready to be a full time contributor.  

It is his first semester and the coaching staff seems to be on top of it.  Unless he has the IQ of my desk, they'll tutor him up.  Fingers crossed.

Yeah as long as he goes to class and pays attention the tutors will be able to keep him eligible with a decent GPA.  The only way as a football player for you to not be eligible is to put in zero effort what so ever.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,618
  • Days Won:  424

Both Greg and Adam had bits on Shaw not practicing with the team because of academics.  FCSH wants him to get that straightened out before he comes back to the team.  Also indicated that he is making progress.

That was definitely something I've been wondering about .... Hope they caught it in time ... Kind of nice to have the luxury of not really needing him right now, even though it would be nice to have him.

That was definitely something I've been wondering about .... Hope they caught it in time ... Kind of nice to have the luxury of not really needing him right now, even though it would be nice to have him.

Yeah and hopefully him getting on teh field and making some plays early in the season is enough to motivate him to really turn it on in the class room and work his butt off so he can get back to making plays. 

• Content Count:  1,757

He sat in front of us during the Rutgers game. I asked him why he wasnt out there , he said he hurt his ankle pretty good. Ran up and down the stairs just fine, guess that explains it. Chandler was right near him as well with his newborn. Guy isnt very tall but is as wide and thick as they come

Archived