• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Rutgers game....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,079
  • Days Won:  0

Rutgers was playing real well against UCONN a few weeks back.

Have you seen how bad UConn is? Rutgers struggled to beat them at home. Rutgers lost at home to a depleted UNC team and to Tulane. They also needed to come back to force OT against Army at home. Pitt absolutely crushed them.

They have a good D, but I think we can do some things now that we aren't as predictable as we once were.

Have you seen how bad our offense is at times?

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Rutgers was playing real well against UCONN a few weeks back.

Have you seen how bad UConn is? Rutgers struggled to beat them at home. Rutgers lost at home to a depleted UNC team and to Tulane. They also needed to come back to force OT against Army at home. Pitt absolutely crushed them.

They have a good D, but I think we can do some things now that we aren't as predictable as we once were.

Have you seen how bad our offense is at times?

You can say the same thing about Rutgers as well.

• Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

2 wins at this point are my minimal expectations. Anything over that will be a bonus, but looking at the teams.....I think Rutgers and UConn should be wins.....Pitt and Louisville are toss ups and Miami......well I would take the win but my expecations are for a nice long weekend on South Beach with the family....that's about it.

• Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

With the BE this year you may as well take a coin and toss it each week and use that to make your predictions.  As we all know going into this season there were really no seasoned QBs in the BE and it is showing.

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

I concur... the Futgers game is a pivotal game that will either make or break our 2010 campaign... Futgers does not scare me per say, they got a beat down from a very weak UNC team and from Tulane which is a mid level door mat of CUSA. Futgers is more then beatable, however they have had our number forever so this is the only factor that will make this game close.

I hope we beat them into the ground 70-0... but expect a closer 31-21 win.

• Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

2 wins at this point are my minimal expectations. Anything over that will be a bonus, but looking at the teams.....I think Rutgers and UConn should be wins.....Pitt and Louisville are toss ups and Miami......well I would take the win but my expectations are for a nice long weekend on South Beach with the family....that's about it.

I agree that Rutgers and UConn should be wins.  I think we can also take Pitt at home, but think Louisville will be hard to beat on their turf (they have been impressive under Charlie Strong).  Miami is a powerhouse, but Jacory Harris has been inconsistent with turnover issues.  I still think Miami beats us in Sun Life Stadium.  

Obviously these predictions are all based on BJ continuing to play well or as well as he did against Cincy.

Lets hope we come off the bye week with the momentum gained from Friday night's win!

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

2 wins at this point are my minimal expectations. Anything over that will be a bonus, but looking at the teams.....I think Rutgers and UConn should be wins.....Pitt and Louisville are toss ups and Miami......well I would take the win but my expectations are for a nice long weekend on South Beach with the family....that's about it.

I agree that Rutgers and UConn should be wins.  I think we can also take Pitt at home, but think Louisville will be hard to beat on their turf (they have been impressive under Charlie Strong).  Miami is a powerhouse, but Jacory Harris has been inconsistent with turnover issues.  I still think Miami beats us in Sun Life Stadium.  

Obviously these predictions are all based on BJ continuing to play well or as well as he did against Cincy.

Lets hope we come off the bye week with the momentum gained from Friday night's win!

UofL will be tough. Bilal powell is #4 in the country for rushing(local kid-played in lakeland). He averages over 7 yards per carry. He is the type of back we always have trouble with. Their D has played well too. I don't see us winning that one. I agree that we have a better shot with Pitt at home.

Guest nybullsfan

Looking at UL's results to date, I'm not very impressed. W's against EKU, Ark-State, Memphis, and UCONN? Losses to KY, Oregon State, and Cincy. Even with Powell, I don't think they'll win again this year, but I could be wrong - they might beat Rutgers, haha!

I think we'll beat both RU and UL this year, more monkeys off the back.

The RU / UL game could go either way, really. In any event, I don't think either of them will go bowling. All we have to do is hold serve, and we'll do fine.

My prediction, from the other thread:

I still think there's a lot of intra-conference beating up to do, here's how I see the rest of the year playing out. I'm pretty confident of the predictions (hah!) other than Pitt-WVU and Pitt-USF. In any event, I see the Pitt-WVU game as the de facto BE Championship game. For the first time ever, I'm also predicting we won't have enough teams to fill all of the bowls.  :'(  >:(   :(

Pitt: W's(UL,@UCONN,@Cincy), TBD's(@USF,WVU) BCS (Pitt/WVU winner) or Champs (Pitt/WVU loser)

WVU: W's(@UCONN,Cincy,UL,RU), TBD's(Pitt) BCS (Pitt/WVU winner) or Champs (Pitt/WVU loser)

Cuse: W's(UL,@RU,UCONN,BC), L's(@Cincy) 9-3 Pinstripe (vs. ND??!?!)

USF: W's(RU,@UL,UCONN), L's(@Miami), TBD's(Pitt) 7-5 or 8-4 Meineke (vs. NCSU!?!?!)

Cincy: W's(Cuse, RU, @UCONN), L's(@WVU,PITT) 6-6 Birmingham Bowl (vs. Gators!?!?!)

RU: W's(UL), L's(@USF,Cuse,@Cincy,WVU) 5-7 No Bowl

Ville: W's(none), L's(@Pitt,@Cuse,USF,WVU,@RU) 4-8 No Bowl

UCONN: W's(none), L's(WVU,PITT,@Cuse,Cincy,@USF) 3-9 No Bowl

Summary

BCS: Pitt/WVU winner (WVU vs. OK??!!)

Champs: Pitt/WVU loser (Pitt vs. UNC??!!)

Meineke : USF (vs. NCSU??!!)

NYC: Cuse (vs. ND??!!)

Birmingham: Cincy (vs. Florida??!!)

St. Pete: Sun Belt vs. UCF

2010 Season is the year of the re-matches, bring it on!!

BTW, Phil Steele has it wrong on the Pinstripe Bowl, where they're picking ND vs. K-State. ND has a deal with the Pinstripe, but if they go, they'll be playing against the Big East, not taking a spot away from the Big East.

http://bigeast.org/Sports/Football/BCSBowlLineup.aspx

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Looking at UL's results to date, I'm not very impressed. W's against EKU, Ark-State, Memphis, and UCONN? Losses to KY, Oregon State, and Cincy. Even with Powell, I don't think they'll win again this year, but I could be wrong - they might beat Rutgers, haha!

I think we'll beat both RU and UL this year, more monkeys off the back.

The RU / UL game could go either way, really. In any event, I don't think either of them will go bowling. All we have to do is hold serve, and we'll do fine.

My prediction, from the other thread:

I still think there's a lot of intra-conference beating up to do, here's how I see the rest of the year playing out. I'm pretty confident of the predictions (hah!) other than Pitt-WVU and Pitt-USF. In any event, I see the Pitt-WVU game as the de facto BE Championship game. For the first time ever, I'm also predicting we won't have enough teams to fill all of the bowls.  :'(  >:(   :(

Pitt: W's(UL,@UCONN,@Cincy), TBD's(@USF,WVU) BCS (Pitt/WVU winner) or Champs (Pitt/WVU loser)

WVU: W's(@UCONN,Cincy,UL,RU), TBD's(Pitt) BCS (Pitt/WVU winner) or Champs (Pitt/WVU loser)

Cuse: W's(UL,@RU,UCONN,BC), L's(@Cincy) 9-3 Pinstripe (vs. ND??!?!)

USF: W's(RU,@UL,UCONN), L's(@Miami), TBD's(Pitt) 7-5 or 8-4 Meineke (vs. NCSU!?!?!)

Cincy: W's(Cuse, RU, @UCONN), L's(@WVU,PITT) 6-6 Birmingham Bowl (vs. Gators!?!?!)

RU: W's(UL), L's(@USF,Cuse,@Cincy,WVU) 5-7 No Bowl

Ville: W's(none), L's(@Pitt,@Cuse,USF,WVU,@RU) 4-8 No Bowl

UCONN: W's(none), L's(WVU,PITT,@Cuse,Cincy,@USF) 3-9 No Bowl

Summary

BCS: Pitt/WVU winner (WVU vs. OK??!!)

Champs: Pitt/WVU loser (Pitt vs. UNC??!!)

Meineke : USF (vs. NCSU??!!)

NYC: Cuse (vs. ND??!!)

Birmingham: Cincy (vs. Florida??!!)

St. Pete: Sun Belt vs. UCF

2010 Season is the year of the re-matches, bring it on!!

BTW, Phil Steele has it wrong on the Pinstripe Bowl, where they're picking ND vs. K-State. ND has a deal with the Pinstripe, but if they go, they'll be playing against the Big East, not taking a spot away from the Big East.

http://bigeast.org/Sports/Football/BCSBowlLineup.aspx

you're insane. go look at my response. they have a top 25 offense and defense in the country. they have a top 2 defense and top 3 offense(.3 ppg behind #1 and #2) in the conference.

Powell is over 1000 yards. their team averages 5.7 per carry and their qb is a top 35 rated passer.

there is no shame in losing to oregon state, kentucky and cincy(all within 8 points) and 2 of the first 3 games of the year.

i think UofL has one of the better teams in our conference. I wouldn't go in thinking we will beat them. I don't think rutgers or cuse beats them and I think they win 1 of 2 against WVU and pitt.

Guest nybullsfan

you're insane.

highly likely, but irrelevant  >:D

go look at my response.

I did, I replied over there

they have a top 25 offense and defense in the country. they have a top 2 defense and top 3 offense(.3 ppg behind #1 and #2) in the conference.

Powell is over 1000 yards. their team averages 5.7 per carry and their qb is a top 35 rated passer.

there is no shame in losing to oregon state, kentucky and cincy(all within 8 points) and 2 of the first 3 games of the year.

i think UofL has one of the better teams in our conference. I wouldn't go in thinking we will beat them. I don't think rutgers or cuse beats them and I think they win 1 of 2 against WVU and pitt.

I don't. Like I said in the other thread, I'm not impressed with their wins (just like when we beat SBU, WKU, and FAU, right?). Isn't diversity of opinion a wonderful thing? In order to not bore everybody else, let's keep this to a single thread - how about we "duke it out" over in the other thread - it's more general. This thread's supposed to be about Rutgers...

Archived