• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Thanks to 'Cuse, welcome to the Charlie-Foxtrot known as the Big East

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  565
  • Days Won:  0

Pittsburgh 2-0 4-3

Syracuse 2-1 5-2

WVU 1-1 5-2

Louisville 1-1 4-3

Rutgers 1-1 4-3

Cincinnati 1-1 3-4

USF  1-2 4-3

UConn 0-2 3-4

-4 teams tied for the middle of the pack

-USF and Syracuse a half game out of the middle of the pack

-1.5 games b/t 1st and 7th place

It's like a Royal Rumble. 7 out of the 8 teams still have a legitimate shot at winning this conference.

• Content Count:  1,985

Glad to see them getting better, this is our problem, the division is so well matched, we don't have Vandy's out there to beat up on every year.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Cuse is the class of the league - from worst to first!

How badly did Pitt beat them on their home field again? Cincinnati will probably do the same thing to them this weekend.

Looks like the league writers were correct in their assumption of Pitt winning the league because they have looked excellent the first 2 league games.

• Content Count:  4,642

i agree with flip.  pitt could run away from the whole pack and in the end it could be the best thing for the league.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,626
  • Days Won:  424

i agree with flip.  pitt could run away from the whole pack and in the end it could be the best thing for the league.

No way is Pitt winning the best thing for the BE. Pitt's ooc record was a joke. At this point, the best, and easiest, thing for the league would be for WVU to win out and hope that Maryland goes on the rampage in the ACC. Second best thing would be for us to somehow win the BE, IF we also beat Miami, and they finish strong in the ACC ...

• Content Count:  3,475

Screw the good of the Big East, I'm pulling for any wild scenario that results in USF winning the league. Obviously USF would have to win out, no small feat, but then Pitt, West Virginia, Syracuse, and Cincinnati all have to lose at least one more conference game on top of that in order to force a tiebreaker that I assume comes down to highest BCS ranking, but I don't the know the Big East procedures for sure. If that is the case, if USF can win out in conference games AND beat Miami, they'd probably have the highest ranking and go the a BCS game.

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

The best thing for the Big East is for whoever wins the conference wins their BCS game.  It's really that simple.  Especially if it's against the Big Ten, PAC 10 or SEC.

• Content Count:  10,565

No way is Pitt winning the best thing for the BE. Pitt's ooc record was a joke. At this point, the best, and easiest, thing for the league would be for WVU to win out and hope that Maryland goes on the rampage in the ACC. Second best thing would be for us to somehow win the BE, IF we also beat Miami, and they finish strong in the ACC ...

Pitt played a tough OOC schedule. If they win out, then look for them to have a pretty nice ranking come bowl time.

WVU winning would be good as well, but now they have a tough road ahead, although they do still have to play Pitt.

We'd need too much to break in our favor to win the league. Off the top of my head we'd need this as the easiest path to be league Champion:

1) Win out with a 5-2 league record

2) Pitt beat WVU

3) Cincinnati beat WVU (WVU behind USF)

4) Cincinnati beat Syracuse

5) Syracuse lose to either UL, RU, UConn (Syracuse behind USF)

6) Pitt beat Cincinnati (Cincinnati ties USF with a 5-2 league record - USF holds tie breaker)

7) Pitt lose to either UL or UConn (Pitt ties with USF and Cincinnati at 5-2 - USF holds tie breaker on both)

8) UL lose to WVU (UL behind USF)

9) RU lose to WVU, Cincinnati, or UConn(RU behind USF)

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

Whoa, Flip...good research.

Archived