• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

2011 OOc schedule

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  639
  • Days Won:  0

Not too sure that is a good thing to be getting into. You dumped WVU at the last minute and didn't you move, or drop, a game @ Pitt?

someone else might know the details better than me/or correct me if I'm wrong but I think WVU was dropped b/c of the change in conference from MAC to CUSA and Pitt was dropped b/c we moved to an OCS that changed the priority to have more home games and I think was also related to getting the Texas deal done to open the stadium. Those deals were done expecting to be at the Citrus Bowl longer, moving on campus changes a lot of your plans

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

That's a very weak excuse on the WVU end of it. You were already in C-USA when you were supposed to go to WVU.

I can understand the Pitt deal, but you still dropped games and put the other programs in a bad position.

I don't like when we've done it, nor when it has been done to us.

• Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

I have to give props to Woolard on this one.....$650,000 is a pretty good deal for a pay game and UTEP is not a shabby team. As someone mentioned, I wonder how much getting the payout from ND allows us to buy a game like this?

If that were the case, we may want to consider doing something like that again in the future.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

another crappy schedule

usf plays nobodies again

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,631
  • Days Won:  424

another crappy schedule

usf plays nobodies again

:withstupid

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

another crappy schedule

usf plays nobodies again

ND and Miami are "nobodies"?

Yes

• Content Count:  5,241
  • Days Won:  0

not bad, at least FAMU has one of the best bands in the country

• Content Count:  624
  • Days Won:  1

not bad, at least FAMU has one of the best bands in the country

When FAMU was here in 2005 they gave a bump to attendance at 43,122 the 3rd largest home crowd of the year behind UCF and West Virginia with each about 45K (smaller crowds in those days, the other big east games where 'ville 27K and Cincy 33K).

I remember there was a buzz around the Bay area to see the band.

• Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

Not bad. I would like at some point to make the FCS games happen every other year (particularly on the years we only have 3 home BE games - unless the BE expands).

So next year we have:

Road game at Notre Dame

Home game FCS FAMU

Home game against MAC Ball State

Home game against C-USA UTEP

3 BE home games - WVU, UC, and UL

4 BE road games - UConn, SU, RU, and Pitt

Home game vs ACC Miami

It's a nice schedule. It could be better, but shouldn't be a killer for Holtz in Year 2, nor does it look as boring as this year's plate of cupcakes did.

-Road game at Notre Dame to open will be on TV. Great chance to beat Brian Kelly - and he should have a better Year 2 with a full recruiting year under his belt and some of his players being older. Will be a nice test to start the year.

-FAMU game will help fill the stands (perhaps better than FAU did). They're a better FCS team than some we've played, and they have a sweet band.

-Ball State's coach will be in Year 2 I believe, and they should be a little better. Still better than a SunBelt school.

-UTEP isn't a bad team - not sure if Donald Buckram will be there next year - he's a stout RB - still better than a SunBelt school.

-Miami at home - always a test, always a packed house, another good measuring stick.

In addition, Louisville should be improved under Strong in Year 2, as should Cincy in Year 2 with Collaros more experienced. WVU will lose some players but should still be a good team.

The road BE games are always a challenge, and Pitt, RU, and UConn should be in the mix next year, while SU should be even more improved.

Notre Dame and Miami help our SoS and having two BCS teams is nice. I think if the schedule could be improved at all, it would be to lose the FCS school and keep playing a SunBelt or MAC school as the "cupcake", and keep two C-USA schools on the schedule, or one C-USA (at least keeps it regional), and maybe go find a MWC or WAC team to come play...or even a game with Army or Navy.

Archived