• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

T-Rex to offense?? (Greg's Blog)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

might as well

holtz thinks outside the box

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

I am sure many of our "experts" think we should give him a shot @ QB

In the Toro Loco I would.

• Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

Holtz said the receivers were like misfits in a toy factory.  T-Rex can join the misfits.

• Content Count:  3,594
  • Days Won:  3

BJ clearly rides on confidence.  It's a bigger mental game for him than anything else.  He's NEVER been a 60% passer, and isn't going to be.  But his athleticism is too good to bench him for Rob Johnson Jr. or a guy who really doesn't play any position.  We will have to deal with the fact that BJ is a headcase, but is still the best QB on the team.  It amazes me how quickly people turn on a guy when, to me anyway, it was clearly obvious that the passing game was gonna be ugly after going from a corps like Carl Mitchell, Love, Bogan, and Griffin to Bogan, Bravo-Brown, Landi, and Lamar.  I'm pretty sure at least 95% of starting college QBs today would struggle with that.  There is ZERO explosiveness with those guys, except for Lamar, whose hands arent good enough for a legit deep threat.

Terrence Mitchell would at least provide that chance.  And I have never seen a punt returner who can field punts while diving for the ball and not drop it.  The kid clearly has great hands along with poise to hold onto a football without knowing where the defenders are at until he looks down.  For now, this is just a quick fix.  But if he shines, then Skip will look like a genius.  If it doesn't work, then at least we found out it didn't.  And there have been several examples of athletes who played both sides of the ball.  I think this could turn into a very inspiring story.

Yes, BJ pisses me off!  A lot!  And whether or not he masters this new scheme remains to be seen.  If he doesn't, then I know of at least one incoming frosh who will, and does it well.  But he is the best we have!  And Mitchell may be just what we need to provide a spark to an offense that is rather offensive.

• Content Count:  1,387
  • Days Won:  1

BJ clearly rides on confidence.  It's a bigger mental game for him than anything else.  He's NEVER been a 60% passer, and isn't going to be.  But his athleticism is too good to bench him for Rob Johnson Jr. or a guy who really doesn't play any position.  We will have to deal with the fact that BJ is a headcase, but is still the best QB on the team.  It amazes me how quickly people turn on a guy when, to me anyway, it was clearly obvious that the passing game was gonna be ugly after going from a corps like Carl Mitchell, Love, Bogan, and Griffin to Bogan, Bravo-Brown, Landi, and Lamar.  I'm pretty sure at least 95% of starting college QBs today would struggle with that.  There is ZERO explosiveness with those guys, except for Lamar, whose hands arent good enough for a legit deep threat.

Terrence Mitchell would at least provide that chance.  And I have never seen a punt returner who can field punts while diving for the ball and not drop it.  The kid clearly has great hands along with poise to hold onto a football without knowing where the defenders are at until he looks down.  For now, this is just a quick fix.  But if he shines, then Skip will look like a genius.  If it doesn't work, then at least we found out it didn't.  And there have been several examples of athletes who played both sides of the ball.  I think this could turn into a very inspiring story.

Yes, BJ pisses me off!  A lot!  And whether or not he masters this new scheme remains to be seen.  If he doesn't, then I know of at least one incoming frosh who will, and does it well.  But he is the best we have!  And Mitchell may be just what we need to provide a spark to an offense that is rather offensive.

nice post

• Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

Maybe BJ will mistake seeing the Mitchell on the jersey for thinking Carlton is still here, and immediately snap out of the slump. *wishful thinking*  :D

Hell, I'd even say, run the ball on the first play of the game. Second play, deep bomb to Mitchell. Even if he doesn't catch it, it will make Cincy think we're taking some shots. Head games.

• Content Count:  1,027
  • Days Won:  0

Cool, the run around and chuck it deep to Mitchell scheme.  Everything old is new again.  What the hell, why not?  If they can put it on film 2 or 3 times at least defenses will know it's a possibility. Here's hoping  :cheers

• Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

Excellent post, I feel like you've captured my thoughts exactly. Daniels isn't a great passer, but he is good enough to be productive if there were more weapons on offense.

Last year, against Florida State, the defense put up a great performance and Daniels made two or three really big plays and that was enough to win a big game. This year, the defense put up a great performance against West Virginia in a big game, and Daniels made two or three really bad plays (probably more) and the team lost. What's the difference from this year to last? The quality of the receivers, as far as I can tell.

Archived