• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Looks like skipped is p*ssdd like we are

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  74,626
  • Days Won:  424

Hopefully the look isn't too long, I am beginning to forget what a touchdown looks like.

Check out the Pitt - Cuse game.  Pitt seems to be able to score at will against 'Cuse's "stout" D.

Cuse ***** and we are worse, its pretty simple. I can't believe some people thought they have a good team.

Yeah, well maybe that just means that Pitt is really, really, really, really good ...

A beatdown at the hands of Miami says otherwise.

Yeah, well maybe that just means that Miami is really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really good ...

And FSU shitted all over Miami, so im guessing FSU is the team of the century.

... millenium.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  1,679
  • Days Won:  1

Well think of it this way -  maybe Skip is practicing the Shaolin technique of Iron Crotch.  Learn to take a foot to the nads without falling over in pain, and you can surprise your enemy and achieve victory after he kicks you there.

It's just a complete rebuilding year, and we're in for a few more kicks to the nuts.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

You can't sit bench BJ on the bench in favor of Eveld, that doesn't improve anything.  It would only divide the team and put a statue at QB.

If the staff wants to get it right this year only option is to forget about injury risk to BJ.  BJ has to be used in a variety of roles and maybe some of the best ways to do that involve him not being the only QB we use.  Either run him more ( use him in the slot too? ) and use Eveld as a "game manager" QB, or bring in Gunsby to run and use BJ as the "game manager" QB.  

I hope they are not looking to turn more conservative with 2 TE, 2 Back, 1 WR sets. blah.

I'd take that in a heart beat if it meant wins.

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

At this point team has to be divided. Offense (major suckage) and defense. Place another guy under center and we might get unity again.

• Content Count:  1,412
  • Days Won:  0

That's why Holtz refuses to put the onus on one player and maintains everyone involved - players and coaches - needs to be held accountable.

"Nobody needs to point a finger on the offensive side of the ball right now," the coach said. "We all need to look at ourselves and what we're doing and what we need to do to get it straight."

Bulls offensive coordinator Todd Fitch expressed similar sentiments.

"When you're struggling like we have the last two weeks in the conference, you don't want to start throwing guys under the bus, so to speak. There are guys that are playing well," Fitch said. "But we have to look at every option that we can, from quarterback to left tackle to running back to whatever to get the proper people in the right spots."

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2010/oct/16/usf-take-hard-look-every-spot/sports-colleges-bulls/

Coach speak for you don't have to because we are...  He is deflecting from BJ, but he whole heartedly believes it is BJ.  Why else do you bring it up.

I guess it would have been too obvious to say... "other than his 5 INT's and 0 TD's in two conference games, especially the one to set the tone in the opening drive of the Syracuse game, BJ has been really good for us"

Statistics sometimes lie, but not in this case.

What scares the piss out of me is that he is still in the game playing.  Evidently, we don't have an option as a back up.

• Content Count:  993

You can't sit bench BJ on the bench in favor of Eveld, that doesn't improve anything.  It would only divide the team and put a statue at QB.

If the staff wants to get it right this year only option is to forget about injury risk to BJ.  BJ has to be used in a variety of roles and maybe some of the best ways to do that involve him not being the only QB we use.  Either run him more ( use him in the slot too? ) and use Eveld as a "game manager" QB, or bring in Gunsby to run and use BJ as the "game manager" QB.  

I hope they are not looking to turn more conservative with 2 TE, 2 Back, 1 WR sets. blah.

it wouldn't

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Check out the Pitt - Cuse game.  Pitt seems to be able to score at will against 'Cuse's "stout" D.

Because they are doing things we got away from, like short passes to the RB, FB, and TE. They set up 'Cuse like that and then hit big pass plays.

• Content Count:  1,757

Riz, how is taking a man who has never coached at the BCS level a coaching upgrade?!? 

Skip needs to point the finger at himself and stop throwing players and assistants under the bus.  So far George Oleary has shown more class in his losses than Skippy has. 

Maybe Holtz needs to go back to CUSA where there isn't any pressure or expectations.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

it wouldn't

Really? Wisconsin won last night with 16 passes and 43 runs. It can be done, it does get done. You can win with an offense that is heavily geared towards a  rushing attack. I know that we're not Wisonsin, but no one in the BE is OSU.

• Content Count:  993

it wouldn't

Really? Wisconsin won last night with 16 passes and 43 runs. It can be done, it does get done. You can win with an offense that is heavily geared towards a  rushing attack. I know that we're not Wisonsin, but no one in the BE is OSU.

Yes, really for our team that wouldnt lead to wins. 

I can go ahead and blow that out for you:  We lost to Syracuse with a 23/37 ratio.  And if we had been capable of running the ball and getting up as Wisconsin had done we wouldnt have thrown it 23 times.  ( Considering we threw it 5 times on our last drive ).  We also struggled with WKU with an 11/44 ratio

Wisconsin has 15+ years of being year in and year out one of the best Olines and best running teams.  We can't snap our fingers and ingrain 15 years of coaching, recruiting, and mentality into this offense.

Archived