• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Looks like skipped is p*ssdd like we are

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,412
  • Days Won:  0

You can't sit bench BJ on the bench in favor of Eveld, that doesn't improve anything.  It would only divide the team and put a statue at QB.

If the staff wants to get it right this year only option is to forget about injury risk to BJ.  BJ has to be used in a variety of roles and maybe some of the best ways to do that involve him not being the only QB we use.  Either run him more ( use him in the slot too? ) and use Eveld as a "game manager" QB, or bring in Gunsby to run and use BJ as the "game manager" QB.  

I hope they are not looking to turn more conservative with 2 TE, 2 Back, 1 WR sets. blah.

I'd take that in a heart beat if it meant wins.

it wouldn't

Really? Wisconsin won last night with 16 passes and 43 runs. It can be done, it does get done. You can win with an offense that is heavily geared towards a  rushing attack. I know that we're not Wisonsin, but no one in the BE is OSU.

They efficiently threw the ball last night for a 9.5 yrd avg. we average 6.5 per catch.  Enough to keep Ohio State from completely crowding the line.  Tolzien's stats below is all BJ has to do for us to be successful.  It won't win us the Nat'l Championship, but put us pretty close to if not completely winning the Big East.

Now is that asking too much of BJ to do the below?  Tolzien wasn't asked to win the game, but he didn't lose it.  Tolzien is a serviceable College QB, we don't have that in BJ.  BJ is losing us games.

C/ATT YDS AVG TD INT

S. Tolzien 13/16 152 9.5 0 1.

We are avg 20 passes a game

NAME CMP ATT YDS CMP% YDS/A TD INT RAT

B.J. Daniels 70 125 803 56.0           6.42 4 10 104.5

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  993

Skip needs to point the finger at himself and stop throwing players and assistants under the bus. 

Perhaps you're referencing something else cause he didn't throw anyone under the bus in this article.

"Nobody needs to point a finger on the offensive side of the ball right now," the coach said. "We all need to look at ourselves and what we're doing and what we need to do to get it straight."

Is Skip Holtz himself or someone else? He didn't distance himself from Fitch or Daniels.  Quite opposite as Daniels is naturally the guy the finger would be pointed at which he says isn't right. 

You can't sit bench BJ on the bench in favor of Eveld, that doesn't improve anything.  It would only divide the team and put a statue at QB.

If the staff wants to get it right this year only option is to forget about injury risk to BJ.  BJ has to be used in a variety of roles and maybe some of the best ways to do that involve him not being the only QB we use.  Either run him more ( use him in the slot too? ) and use Eveld as a "game manager" QB, or bring in Gunsby to run and use BJ as the "game manager" QB.  

I hope they are not looking to turn more conservative with 2 TE, 2 Back, 1 WR sets. blah.

I'd take that in a heart beat if it meant wins.

it wouldn't

Really? Wisconsin won last night with 16 passes and 43 runs. It can be done, it does get done. You can win with an offense that is heavily geared towards a  rushing attack. I know that we're not Wisonsin, but no one in the BE is OSU.

They efficiently threw the ball last night for a 9.5 yrd avg. we average 6.5 per catch.  Enough to keep Ohio State from completely crowding the line.   Tolzien's stats below is all BJ has to do for us to be successful.  It won't win us the Nat'l Championship, but put us pretty close to if not completely winning the Big East.

Now is that asking too much of BJ to do the below?  Tolzien wasn't asked to win the game, but he didn't lose it.  Tolzien is a serviceable College QB, we don't have that in BJ.  BJ is losing us games.

C/ATT YDS AVG TD INT

S. Tolzien 13/16 152 9.5 0 1.

We are avg 20 passes a game

NAME CMP ATT YDS CMP% YDS/A TD INT RAT

B.J. Daniels 70 125 803 56.0            6.42 4 10 104.5

Did you by chance notice if Wisconsin came out and threw the ball to move downfield after Ohio St scored to make it 21-18?

• Content Count:  509

Skip needs to point the finger at himself and stop throwing players and assistants under the bus. 

Perhaps you're referencing something else cause he didn't throw anyone under the bus in this article.

"Nobody needs to point a finger on the offensive side of the ball right now," the coach said. "We all need to look at ourselves and what we're doing and what we need to do to get it straight."

Is Skip Holtz himself or someone else? He didn't distance himself from Fitch or Daniels.  Quite opposite as Daniels is naturally the guy the finger would be pointed at which he says isn't right. 

+1 Coach Holtz said the right things here so that is encouraging. Now he needs to inplement the necessary adjustements and make this season respectable.  

• Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

Hopefully the look isn't too long, I am beginning to forget what a touchdown looks like.

Check out the Pitt - Cuse game.  Pitt seems to be able to score at will against 'Cuse's "stout" D.

Cuse ***** and we are worse, its pretty simple. I can't believe some people thought they have a good team.

Yeah, well maybe that just means that Pitt is really, really, really, really good ...

A beatdown at the hands of Miami says otherwise.

Yeah, well maybe that just means that Miami is really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really good ...

And FSU shitted all over Miami, so im guessing FSU is the team of the century.

... millenium.

What about Oklahoma??? 

• Content Count:  21,070
  • Days Won:  38

Let's see what they do.  The old staff would not have made any major changes.

Either way, I will be there eating junk food and yelling.

Let's see what they do.  The old staff would not have made any major changes.

Either way, I will be there eating junk food and yelling.

no doubt that is best. no matter what changes, if any, are made, we aren't going to see a good offense this year.  maybe just a less bad offense.

• Content Count:  12,463
  • Days Won:  25

I'll take that!

• Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Looking at the other thread...who's going to actually throw it to them?  Right now Jeffy would be a better option.

• Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

Thanks for sharing this article.  This should all give us hope in that at least the coaching staff sees and feels our frustration with the offense....how can they not.  Lets hope some serious changes are implemented in time for Friday night.  This is another nationally televised game with exposure and possible negative consequences should we continue to perform poorly on offense.  This will be a very difficult game for us to win in Cincinnati, nearly impossible if we continue the same old.  Perhaps we can at least come out looking respectable. 

Archived