• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

This was going to be our season, we might as well face it

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,985
  • Days Won:  0

I was thinking about this last night when over and over they kept on about how young BJ is.  At first I argued back (yes at the TV) that he has a year on the field, but then started to think, no matter who the coach was, this was our starting QB.  We really do not have any other experience there.  This was going to be Leavitt's boy as well, and if Grothe had not been hurt he would be out there with even less experience.

Now, Mitchell jumping to the NFL hurt, but we have receivers with skills, I think.  Bogan has ability, Landi is showing ability, but the decision making in number 7's helmet is killing the possiblilities. 

Either way, we are forced to watch Pat Julmiste 2.0 this year.  Hope a running back can break out like Hall and open up for us, or we may have seen our last win this year.

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

I completely disagree with the mentality that we're stuck with BJ this year.

If he's not getting it done, bench him or else we're going to be going through this again next year, making excuses for Gunsby saying that he doesn't have any experience.

• Content Count:  12,458
  • Days Won:  25

I personally don't think experience is the biggest part of the problem.

ACCURACY is the problem, and BJ has ZERO accuracy. Add in the fact that his descision making/field vision is also very suspect, it's going to be a very painful year. Maybe two.

Think about it, how many of these guys are Holtz recruits?

• Content Count:  1,985

But my point is, even if Skip, or Leavitt, had recruited for this year they would not have had game ready play makers.  I accept that Holtz has to work with the players here, and he may not have recruited the same players if he had a choice, but on the other hand this was our team this year.

Funny how Evald has had more snaps than Gunsby and everyone looks past him.  Let Evald get out there, he can throw.

• Content Count:  509

But my point is, even if Skip, or Leavitt, had recruited for this year they would not have had game ready play makers.  I accept that Holtz has to work with the players here, and he may not have recruited the same players if he had a choice, but on the other hand this was our team this year.

Funny how Evald has had more snaps than Gunsby and everyone looks past him.  Let Evald get out there, he can throw.

I disagree. CJL had recruited 4 star recruit Carnes. When Coach Holtz came in he pulled his scholarship and gave it to Gunsby.  Gunsby was, and still is an unknown but the scouting sites were in wider agreement regarding Carnes' potential as a QB. He could possibly have been the answer. Also there was a highly touted receiver that CJL recruited which Holtz then later lost out on. Don't remember the name but he ended up signing for South Carolina. I am not blaming Coach Holtz. Just saying this team could have been different this year.

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Carnes was never coming here.

• Content Count:  1,412

look at the leaders of INT's over the years

http://espn.go.com/college-football/statistics/player/_/stat/passing/sort/interceptions/year/2008

The reason they get to throw so many INT's is the upside and the plays they make.

Tell me where our upside is.

What would our record be if he was 80% INT:TD (11:8)  ratio

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Our team is not that bad, Bogan and Bravo-Brown are getting wide the F open, our defense is improving with every game and is ranked 14th or 15th in the country (no link, they flashed that during the game last night), heck even our kicking demons have been exercised, Bonani made a career long field goal last night, so we do have some positive things and should be 6-0 or 5-2 right now if not for BJ Daniels. Sure our o line sucks but what the heck they have always sucked and BJ is supposed to be the reincarnation of Michael Vick so what gives... at least Vick can throw a ball to an open wideout.

- We could of won last night, again the announcers pointed out (2 times) that Bogan and Landi were both wide open for an easy td. If BJ hits this we would had tied.

- We should had stomped Cuse, all BJ had to do is hit the 7 wide open receivers 7x6 = 42 points. (42-13 should had been the score not counting the points after).

- We could had beat UF if not for BJ's interception palooza... almost, if not all, of the Gayturds points came off of interceptions with the exception of the fumble that was returned for a TD.

In any event I have  :deadhorse enough...

• Content Count:  509

Carnes was never coming here.

All the major recruiting sites had Carnes as a commit for months until days before sgning day when his scholarship offer was pulled.

Archived