• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Griffin and Love

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

Love is done no matter what. can't red shirt.

Why cant he pull a Plancher exactly?

I think Griffin is probably going to redshirt at this point. Love, if he cannot get a 6th year, should come back to at least have a shot of getting drafted.

Also, a bowl game isn't impossible yet. We just need to somehow play .500 ball from here on out. Does beating UL, UConn, and Rutgers seem absolutely impossible?

The way we played against the orange and the way our offense is not showing up to games...it does seem impossible

If Holtz cannot figure out how to beat UConn and UL, which are toward the end of the season, then we might have the wrong guy.

I never expected this season to be great, I do expect to get better as the season goes forward. Otherwise, why bother to get rid of Leavitt.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  509
  • Days Won:  0

Love is done no matter what. can't red shirt.

Why cant he pull a Plancher exactly?

I think Griffin is probably going to redshirt at this point. Love, if he cannot get a 6th year, should come back to at least have a shot of getting drafted.

Also, a bowl game isn't impossible yet. We just need to somehow play .500 ball from here on out. Does beating UL, UConn, and Rutgers seem absolutely impossible?

The way we played against the orange and the way our offense is not showing up to games...it does seem impossible

If Holtz cannot figure out how to beat UConn and UL, which are toward the end of the season, then we might have the wrong guy.

I never expected this season to be great, I do expect to get better as the season goes forward. Otherwise, why bother to get rid of Leavitt.

Louisville will be tough, but Rutgers, Uconn, and Pitt are all winnable games if Coach Hotz is able and willing to make adjustments. But that is a big if.

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

Holtz needs to go JUCO hunting in the off season.  We need some serious skill players, ASAP. 

• Content Count:  4,879

RS for Griffin is now a no-brainer unless skip panics

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

Yeah, didn't I read that Griffin wanted to RS?

I'd think that Love would have a legit shot at a medical hardship also, but does he want to come back? It's hard to stay in college for 6 years. The only way Love does it is if he believes that he can put together a season to turn some heads of scouts.

• Content Count:  509

RS for Griffin is now a no-brainer unless skip panics

I disagree, and I personally hope that's not the reason we haven't seen him yet on the field.  I am not ready yet to totally give up on this season and hope Coach Holtz isn't either. If necessary adjustments are made we could win three more games and become bowl eligible.If not at least I want us to try and put the best team out there. Griffin coming back would certainly help us get some wins.

• Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

Yes it looks like Griffin WILL redshirt. Per Adam's blog.

http://sports.tboblogs.com/index.php/sports/related/C127/

GRIFFIN LIKELY TO REDSHIRT: While no definitive decision has been made, it appears sophomore receiver Sterling Griffin is likely going to redshirt this season barring an injury to another Bulls receiver.

Holtz said Griffin, who suffered a dislocated ankle suffered in summer workouts, is still in a “tightness mode†with the ankle. Griffin has dressed the past few games but has not played.

“My mindset with him right now is if somebody doesn’t get hurt, I’m not going to use his year with six games left to play a backup role,†Holtz said.

Also, Love would be able to get a 6th year if he can show he had some form of injury in 2006 when he redshirted initially. I don't recall him having an injury that year so it would be iffy at best. I do recall Mo being injured in both 2005 and 2006.

• Content Count:  5,241

Great call on redshirting griffin.  I dont see why we would want to rush him back this year because this year is definitely a year in transition...itll be better to have him for 3 years of actual competition

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,700
  • Days Won:  108

Great call on redshirting griffin.  I dont see why we would want to rush him back this year because this year is definitely a year in transition...itll be better to have him for 3 years of actual competition

Skip reads this message board and knows how brilliant I am.  He got the idea here  ::)

• Content Count:  1,633

Those injuries hurt a lot more than probably anyone anticipated.

It also doesn't help that Carlton Mitchell, Pat Richardson, Jason Sherman, Ed Alcin, Colby Erskin and Jeffery Wilson all left the program for various reasons. Were any of those guys big keys to passing game? Ehh...other than Mitchell, not really. The other guys weren't great, but they were all experienced.

It also doesn't help that the guys that are here, Knowles, Landi, Lamar, Bravo-Brown, haven't stepped up and done much, if anything.

As much as I'd like to pin all of this on BJ, it is hard. It's just been such a cluster**** this year.

Archived