• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Is it time to start Eveld?

Ist it time to start Eveld?  

36 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  521
  • Days Won:  0

We're kind of stuck between a rock and a hard place.  BJ sucks, but our backups are TRUE freshmen.. and the one not wearing the redshirt received no scholarship offers and is a walk-on.

However, if the "system" that Holtz is more comfortable fits those "types" of players, then by all means, let's start the revolution.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

If it is me I would bring in Gunsby.  He is supposed to be the future of this program.  Generally I would say it is not smart to burn a red shirt in the middle of the year; however, I am extremely concerned how this team will look next year if we continue down this horrible path with B.J.  We will be losing A.J Love and Dontavia Bogan, and Mo Plancher going into next year.  If we bring in Gunsby now, it will set him up better for next year and maybe able to salvage a recruiting class next year.  

the future is now or should we keep hearing , he is just young, he'll get better.  Other teams play true freshmen at QB!!

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Did anyone here ever see Eveld play at Jesuit?  I have not, but he's a freshman walk-on.  Other than not being BJ Daniels why does anyone think Eveld will be any good?

• Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

We're kind of stuck between a rock and a hard place.  BJ *****, but our backups are TRUE freshmen.. and the one not wearing the redshirt received no scholarship offers and is a walk-on.

However, if the "system" that Holtz is more comfortable fits those "types" of players, then by all means, let's start the revolution.

Who cares if they are true freshmen.  Do you think they could actually do any worse?  What have you got to lose at this point.  Nothing.  Might as well see what you have got in the freshmen.  Throw them in the fire and see what happens.  You might find a gem.

• Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

Did anyone here ever see Eveld play at Jesuit?  I have not, but he's a freshman walk-on.  Other than not being BJ Daniels why does anyone think Eveld will be any good?

Again, do you think he could be any worse than what we have seen so far.  The season is lost anyway, why not find out if he (or Gunsby) is a diamond in the rough.

• Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

Eveld hasn't looked good at all either in the short amount of time he has played.

I would start Gunsby though, screw the red shirt

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Again, do you think he could be any worse than what we have seen so far.  The season is lost anyway, why not find out if he (or Gunsby) is a diamond in the rough.

Eveld is about as mobile as the sundome, so yes that is enough for me to believe he would be worse because he will take more sacks.  Do people not see how often BJ has to buy times with his legs?

Guest Scherdin

Nope, still gotta roll with BJ I don't want to see the sacks taken double just to see a different name on the jersey back there. I'll say it again let BJ have this season then open things up in the offseason.  The freshman we have verbals from come in for the Winter Semester, Gunsby will have a full fall under his belt and it will be put up or shut up time for BJ.    

+1...finally someone with some common sense and not a knee jerk reaction.  Have to think if either of these guys were going to be any better the coaches would have done it.

• Content Count:  2,495
  • Days Won:  1

People like to forget that BJ is playing his third year of football here.  Granted 3 different systems (really 2), but the kid has been practicing with many of these players for 3 years.

If things haven't "clicked" for him yet, I don't think they ever will. 

• Content Count:  509
  • Days Won:  0

During recruiting earlier this year Holtz pulled the scholarship offer from four star QB recruit Carnes and offered it to Gunsby. Gunsby is Holtz's guy. I want to see what he can do! if not him I want to see what Eveld can do. If they can't get it done perhaps see whether Landi can be the guy. If none of these work out BJ is still there.

Archived