• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Is it time to start Eveld?

Ist it time to start Eveld?  

36 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,035
  • Days Won:  20

We're kind of stuck between a rock and a hard place.  BJ *****, but our backups are TRUE freshmen.. and the one not wearing the redshirt received no scholarship offers and is a walk-on.

However, if the "system" that Holtz is more comfortable fits those "types" of players, then by all means, let's start the revolution.

Who cares if they are true freshmen.  Do you think they could actually do any worse?  What have you got to lose at this point.  Nothing.  Might as well see what you have got in the freshmen.  Throw them in the fire and see what happens.  You might find a gem.

This. What could it hurt? BJ needs to sit for a game. We have STILL yet to find the endzone in conference play. We need to try something else. If it doesn't work, we go back to Daniels.

Speaking of which; exactly what was the point of brining in Eveld with a minute left? Certainly you're not expecting a touchdown drive, otherwise he would have come in the drive before. If it's just to run out the clock, then why are we throwing? If it's a "get reps thing" why only a minute? What good will that do?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  2,495
  • Days Won:  1

Speaking of which; exactly what was the point of brining in Eveld with a minute left? Certainly you're not expecting a touchdown drive, otherwise he would have come in the drive before. If it's just to run out the clock, then why are we throwing? If it's a "get reps thing" why only a minute? What good will that do?

Wondering about this myself.  Was disappointed not to see a change on the second to last series.  That, plus the amout of BJ A$$ kissing Holtz and Fitch did on the sideline leads me to believe they are going to ride this season out wth Daniels. 

• Content Count:  172
  • Days Won:  0

This isn't the NFL where you can take bad years and keep rolling; especially with a team with such short history. 

You guys calling get rid of B.J. "knee jerk reactions" are forgetting the end of last year as well.  B.J. may be able to get more time with his legs; however, he does not make smart decisions with that extra time.  He is easy to prepare for and shut down.  If we keep butting our heads against the wall with him we are:

1.  Going to take serious losses in recruiting.

2.  Going to lose large support in the Tampa Bay Area (ie. money and butts in the stands for games).

3.  Going to have to suffer through another transition year next year, unless they somehow stick with B.J. and we have to suffer through 2 more years of him (which I would be ok with because Holtz would be then shown the door).

4.  Might put ourselves in a tough situation if the Big East loses AQ status in 2012.

We will be losing 2 of our best WR's next year, so it will be even tougher next year unless someone can step up.

While it may be a bad example, take it for what it's worth.  Look at the Bucs.  Everyone knew they would suck last year during the coaching change, and tremendous loss of players.  They drafted a franchise QB who started the last (I believe) 5 games and did pretty well in those games.  Now he looks like a stud.  What would have happened if they kept Byron Leftwich or Josh Johnson in to finish the year, and had Josh Freeman start this year?

All I am saying, is take this year as a rebuilding year, cut your losses with a QB who does not fit your system; and get Gunsby in so we won't have to go through another transition and no bowl year next year.

I love the heart B.J. shows on the field, he just doesn't have the mind of a successful college QB; and unfortunately for him he doesn't have the players to make him look good.  I hope if he does keep starting that he can somehow turn it around, but the mistakes he keeps making doesn't make me believe he can change.

• Content Count:  1,037
  • Days Won:  0

Eveld had a nice throw at the end of the game....

BJ just doesn't seem to learn from his mistakes and misses too may wide open WR's. At this point we are playing to become bowl eligible and it may be worth trying another QB... A real QB not a runner. BJ will always be an INT machine with his wild style of play. Still hasn't learned to throw the ball away or take a sack.

• Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

IMO the stadium will be empty if they keep BJ in there

Archived