• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

These are the worst coaches ever

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Plancher was getting stopped. Those short passes went somewhere and we were down two scores.

What was wrong with them?

I like the short passes. they are like runs. Plancher had 63 yards on 11 carries.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Dude, BJ threw the pass. It was an awful pass. Should the coaches have called that? No.

Should BJ have thrown that? HELL NO take the sack

• Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

The coaches will learn from this and adjust.  Chill the * out.   ;D >:D

They will learn, will it be how they learned after Florida or Syracuse?

Dude, BJ threw the pass. It was an awful pass. Should the coaches have called that? No.

Should BJ have thrown that? HELL NO take the sack

the $1.7M coach got called out by his father at the half. you don't ask a 20 year old kid to make the decision. you run it into the line and go to the half down by 7.

• Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

The play call on 3rd and half a yard when we dropped our QB into a shotgun wasn't too bright either.

When you can't get more than a 30% conversion rate on 3rd down the offense's problem is more than on the QB.

• Content Count:  2,567
  • Days Won:  1

I'm not putting this on the coaches.  Most of us thought this was going to be an overnight turn around.  We have found out that it is not.  This will take some time.  I now have gone into the mode of if I see progress through the rest of the season I will be happy.  This is truly a rebuilding/transition year.

What turn around are people talking about. We beat FSU, WVU, were ranked, and won a bowl game last year. We have gone to 5 straight bowl games for heavens sake.

I just think a lot of people (myself included) were underestimating the effect that changing entire coaching staffs, losing 5 players to the NFL, and 3 of your best WR's would have on the team.  The ESPN commentators seemed to think that Skip would have this team competitive soon, so I'm not so sure we should be saying they're the worst coaching staff ever just yet.

there are wr's open. BJ throws to the primary target everytime. He scrambles on this play and throws a bad ball. Is it dangerous to throw the ball in that situation yea but the way our season is going we are looking for something...Some kind of spark to send us in the right direction. Our qb right now is not seeing the field. He is rattled. He is making bad throws. Its now become more  then just a bad game. Its a sense of failure and its got to be in his head at all times. I personally have no problem with the call, it was to the sideline and a safe play. Our qb failed.

his own father thought it was a terrible call. he said so at the half.

it was not a safe play. it was the exact opposite of a safe play. tons of risk for very little reward.

• Content Count:  1,027
  • Days Won:  0

With a minute or so on the clock and 2 timeouts you don't even try to move the ball?  Maybe get into field goal range?  Must be nice to call plays with your 20-20 hindsight.  As far as the play call goes, watch some football this weekend and see how many times teams throw it to the sideline in their 2 minute drill.  When thrown PROPERLY either your guy catches it or it goes out of bounds.  The pick is on BJ.

• Content Count:  1,894
  • Days Won:  0

lol give it up bull94 noone is going to tell you the coaches are no good. I understand your trying to stick to your guns on your thread but give it up. Its not going to be some kind of miracle switch from coach to coach. These are great guys for this job. We have seen tons of improvement but its just not going to happen like you want. All i care about right now is qauterback play. Like they said during the game the offense has been simplified to help bj and it still isnt helping. We need to figure out the qb situation fast or this could spiral out of control this season.

Guest Scherdin

I'm sorry we watching the same game!!!

BJ tried to run...and wasn't successful.  The coaching staff didn't throw into double coverage.

The coaching staff is trying to call plays that take his skills into account, but BJ is the one throwing the ball.

Don't blame this on them...that's just ******* stupid!

Archived