• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

These are the worst coaches ever

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

I'm not putting this on the coaches.  Most of us thought this was going to be an overnight turn around.  We have found out that it is not.  This will take some time.  I now have gone into the mode of if I see progress through the rest of the season I will be happy.  This is truly a rebuilding/transition year.

What turn around are people talking about. We beat FSU, WVU, were ranked, and won a bowl game last year. We have gone to 5 straight bowl games for heavens sake.

I just think a lot of people (myself included) were underestimating the effect that changing entire coaching staffs, losing 5 players to the NFL, and 3 of your best WR's would have on the team.  The ESPN commentators seemed to think that Skip would have this team competitive soon, so I'm not so sure we should be saying they're the worst coaching staff ever just yet.

I think they will be fine when the get their personnel. I'm just disappointed because I believe great coaches can win with just about anyone. Holtz isn't adapting his system to BJ like he said he would. he is letting the kid twist in the wind. No way should he call 30+ pass plays in a game where we are down 1 score if it wasn't for a stupid call to pass the ball on our own 10 with 50 seconds to go in the half.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  809
  • Days Won:  1

I'm not putting this on the coaches.  Most of us thought this was going to be an overnight turn around.  We have found out that it is not.  This will take some time.  I now have gone into the mode of if I see progress through the rest of the season I will be happy.  This is truly a rebuilding/transition year.

What turn around are people talking about. We beat FSU, WVU, were ranked, and won a bowl game last year. We have gone to 5 straight bowl games for heavens sake.

I just think a lot of people (myself included) were underestimating the effect that changing entire coaching staffs, losing 5 players to the NFL, and 3 of your best WR's would have on the team.  The ESPN commentators seemed to think that Skip would have this team competitive soon, so I'm not so sure we should be saying they're the worst coaching staff ever just yet.

Yes, I am starting to believe we USF fans are the most spoiled and entitled fans in college football.  We haven't given this man the luxury of even half a season and some of us are ready to call him "the worst coach ever?"  I'm not ready to crown Holtz king myself either, but let's give him some time to implement HIS system.  We can give him that much, right??

I'm sorry we watching the same game!!!

BJ tried to run...and wasn't successful.  The coaching staff didn't throw into double coverage.

The coaching staff is trying to call plays that take his skills into account, but BJ is the one throwing the ball.

Don't blame this on them...that's just ******* stupid!

really?? they are calling plays that take his skills into account??? he passed the freakin ball 30 times. is he a good passer???? NO

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

The people who underestimated this are the ones going absolutely ape **** in every thread.  The ones who were a bit more realistic realized this was going to be a rough year are a bit more composed.  I admit it's been rougher than I expected so far (didn't see us losing to Cuse) but i knew there was a VERY real possibility we wouldn't be bowling this season.    

• Content Count:  1,894
  • Days Won:  0

lmao and if he puts a good ball to the outside or sideline and we move the ball you are singing a different tune. Did you listen to the guys talk during the game. They said the play was there, he just has to get rid of the ball in time. BJ threw the pick not the play call.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Yes, I am starting to believe we USF fans are the most spoiled and entitled fans in college football.  We haven't given this man the luxury of even half a season and some of us are ready to call him "the worst coach ever?"  I'm not ready to crown Holtz king myself either, but let's give him some time to implement HIS system.  We can give him that much, right??

Transition year? UNACCEPTABLE!!!!!!!!!!

With a minute or so on the clock and 2 timeouts you don't even try to move the ball?  Maybe get into field goal range?  Must be nice to call plays with your 20-20 hindsight.  As far as the play call goes, watch some football this weekend and see how many times teams throw it to the sideline in their 2 minute drill.  When thrown PROPERLY either your guy catches it or it goes out of bounds.  The pick is on BJ.

from your own 10 yard line??? with our personnel?? even the great Lou Holtz, our coaches father , said it was dumb. the pick is on the coaches. check the replay. if your father won't back you then you know you are wrong.

• Content Count:  809
  • Days Won:  1

I think they will be fine when the get their personnel. I'm just disappointed because I believe great coaches can win with just about anyone. Holtz isn't adapting his system to BJ like he said he would. he is letting the kid twist in the wind. No way should he call 30+ pass plays in a game where we are down 1 score if it wasn't for a stupid call to pass the ball on our own 10 with 50 seconds to go in the half.

What do you want him to do to "adapt" the offense?  Do you want BJ running the ball every down?  An offense has to have balance.  Otherwise, defenses will simply just gameplan for a one-dimensional offense and that leaves us back at square one.  Our current problem is that teams already know that BJ CAN'T pass the ball.  That's why he is struggling now.  Last year he was an unknown and we got away with it.  Now our opponents are hip to his game and know he can't pass.  You think Syracuse didn't know this last week? 

What we need is a QB who can pass.  I don't want BJ to be our leading rusher again and I'm elated that Holtz meant that when he said it this off-season.  Leave the rushing to our RBs. 

lmao and if he puts a good ball to the outside or sideline and we move the ball you are singing a different tune. Did you listen to the guys talk during the game. They said the play was there, he just has to get rid of the ball in time. BJ threw the pick not the play call.

did you listen to his dad at halftime??? he said it was a dumb call.

• Content Count:  959
  • Days Won:  0

not ready to say that yet.....but your own dad is calling you out for some dumb stuff they have done so far this year is classic. i will say it is not all bj's fault. do u watch the o- line at all ? right tackle needs to be benched NOW.

Archived