• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

These are the worst coaches ever

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,894
  • Days Won:  0

there are wr's open. BJ throws to the primary target everytime. He scrambles on this play and throws a bad ball. Is it dangerous to throw the ball in that situation yea but the way our season is going we are looking for something...Some kind of spark to send us in the right direction. Our qb right now is not seeing the field. He is rattled. He is making bad throws. Its now become more  then just a bad game. Its a sense of failure and its got to be in his head at all times. I personally have no problem with the call, it was to the sideline and a safe play. Our qb failed.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  228

True, this bunch of clowns masquerading as our Coaches will learn from this game, like we learned from Syracuse.

I say we score 9 pts at Cincinnati!

What a train wreck this has become.

• Content Count:  809
  • Days Won:  1

Worst coaches ever?  Do you really think anything would have been different with Leavitt at coach?  Hell, when was the last time Leavitt even managed a winning record in the conference anyway? 

Choosing to pass instead of running out the clock to end the half was definitely a bad call.  But it's clear that we really don't have a competent QB.  I blame Leavitt more than I blame Holtz.  Holtz is working with the QB he was left with, and BJ is the one who is not executing the play calls.  I'm looking forward to the days when we ditch the spread and dual-threat QBs.  When Holtz is running his offensive scheme with his players, then we can start calling his staff the "worst ever" if he fails.   

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

29 runs for 69 yards. It wasn't working. I thought the short passes were a great adjustment.

We just don't have any playmakers on offense

while I agree with the playmakers you must admit the coaches were dumb for calling that pass play at the end of the half. Plancher averaged 5.7 yards per carry. they called 30+ pass plays for daniels. we were down by 1 score without the stupid play call that cost us a TD. I can't believe people will blame the QB when we have play calls like this.  these guys are terrible.

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Personally I think it's on BJ too.

Big East defenses have figured him out. That was the exact same defense Syracuse employed and it worked again. The guy make a living out of scrambling and getting a bomb to Mitchell when it was open. No receivers capable of that this fall.

• Content Count:  2,567
  • Days Won:  1

I'm not putting this on the coaches.  Most of us thought this was going to be an overnight turn around.  We have found out that it is not.  This will take some time.  I now have gone into the mode of if I see progress through the rest of the season I will be happy.  This is truly a rebuilding/transition year.

Worst coaches ever?  Do you really think anything would have been different with Leavitt at coach?  Hell, when was the last time Leavitt even managed a winning record in the conference anyway? 

Choosing to pass instead of running out the clock to end the half was definitely a bad call.  But it's clear that we really don't have a competent QB.  I blame Leavitt more than I blame Holtz.  Holtz is working with the QB he was left with, and BJ is the one who is not executing the play calls.  I'm looking forward to the days when we ditch the spread and dual-threat QBs.  When Holtz is running his offensive scheme with his players, then we can start calling his staff the "worst ever" if he fails.   

I know holtz doesn't have his guys but he said he would adapt to BJs strength(running the ball). He has not. he called a pass play from our own 10 yard line with 50 seconds left. did he think we would drive the length of the field??

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Plancher was getting stopped. Those short passes went somewhere and we were down two scores.

What was wrong with them?

• Content Count:  509

I'm not putting this on the coaches.  Most of us thought this was going to be an overnight turn around.  We have found out that it is not.  This will take some time.  I now have gone into the mode of if I see progress through the rest of the season I will be happy.  This is truly a rebuilding/transition year.

What turn around are people talking about. We beat FSU, WVU, were ranked, and won a bowl game last year. We have gone to 5 straight bowl games for heavens sake.

Personally I think it's on BJ too.

Big East defenses have figured him out. That was the exact same defense Syracuse employed and it worked again. The guy make a living out of scrambling and getting a bomb to Mitchell when it was open. No receivers capable of that this fall.

I understand BJ is not a good passing QB. so does everyone else. we lost by 14 points. 7 of which were given up by the coaches who called a pass play inside our 20 yard line with 50 seconds left in the half. Plancher averaged 5.7 ypc. these coaches don't understand how to win a grind it out game. Daniels pass 30+ times in a game where we should have been down by 7 points if it weren't for our coaches.

Archived