• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

ESPN's Kirk Herbstreit comments on Miami playing in Joe Robbie Stadium

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,390
  • Days Won:  0

If anybody remembers, NC State has there stadium located only a couple of miles from campus. However, because it is their own, it has a college atmosphere to it. This is something South Florida should look into since we have no room on our actual campus.

Right off Fowler and 75?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

Why do you call it Joe Robbie Stadium?  It hasn't been called that for 15 years.

It will always be called Joe Robbie Stadium to me.  They changed the name a few times since, and for one year it is called Sun Life Stadium. 

THIS

It will ALWAYS be Joe Robbie.  Not PP Park, not Landshark, not Sun Life, not any other crap they decide to call it for the month.

The ONLY other thing i would ever call it is Dolphin Stadium

• Content Count:  5,241

Hey! We might have rayjay to ourselves next year!!! OCS!!! (off campus stadium)

We might have rayjay to ourselves next year!!!

?

LOL ... Who does Herbie sound like? .... His team gets its' *** kicked on the field and he takes jabs, albeit several weeks later, at an off campus stadium ...   :D

Ohio State beat Miami this year up in Ohio. And they haven't gotten their ass kicked by anyone.... they're #1 in the nation right now.

• Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

?

Yes, "?" sums this up nicely...what???

• Content Count:  2,034
  • Days Won:  20

?

Yes, "?" sums this up nicely...what???

I'm assuming the potential NFL players lockout next year.

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

USF has never known anything different (well the sombero). So its tough to say whether the atmosphere would be different.

I think what Herbstreit was referring to was the lack of a big game atmosphere.

Ive talked to several Canes friends/fans who have an Orange Bowl hangover and hate Joe Robbie.

I'll also agree when it's not a big game at RJS, the environment is quite corporate and sterile, but what can we do? For big games? I think that all goes away.

• Content Count:  225

USF has never known anything different (well the sombero). So its tough to say whether the atmosphere would be different.

I think what Herbstreit was referring to was the lack of a big game atmosphere.

Ive talked to several Canes friends/fans who have an Orange Bowl hangover and hate Joe Robbie.

I'll also agree when it's not a big game at RJS, the environment is quite corporate and sterile, but what can we do? For big games? I think that all goes away.

Yeah I agree.  I just hope this well help persuade people that an OCS is the way to go for USF.  Even a program as tradition rich as Miami can be hurt by playing at a  Pro Stadium that is 17 miles from their campus.  ..Look UCF is stealing a lot of Miami recruits.  They stoled Gofffey from Miami and a few of his classmates... It makes sense.. where do you think a recruit would rather play.. in corporate...no-atmospher pro stadium ..or one of the Swamp, Doak...hell even UCF has 40,000 screaming fans ..

• Content Count:  684

If anybody remembers, NC State has there stadium located only a couple of miles from campus. However, because it is their own, it has a college atmosphere to it. This is something South Florida should look into since we have no room on our actual campus.

I posted this pic a while back in a different thread, it just shows that we do have room on campus for a decent sized stadium.  The pic was created to scale using the Orange Bowl (with USF mid field mod)

bTQFe.jpg

Archived