• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

ESPN's Kirk Herbstreit comments on Miami playing in Joe Robbie Stadium

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  225
  • Days Won:  0

http://www.tomahawknation.com/2010/10/13/1749081/espns-kirk-herbstreit-showers-noles-with-praise-acc-notes

The following article was his opinion on Miami, FSU, and Florida.

I thought this was interesting:

On Miami:

Miami quit.  There was no fight.  No leadership. Florida State just dominated them. Is there any way to get Miami back on campus?  is there a plan?  Even if it is 40,000 seat stadium.  They must get back on campus.  It felt like a corporate, NFL atmosphere.  College football is very different from NFL.  The atmosphere there isn't conducive to playing inspired football.  I am not blaming the stadium, but it's not.  It is not a home field advantage.  It's the least of their worries, but it's not. 

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.tomahawknation.com/2010/10/13/1749081/espns-kirk-herbstreit-showers-noles-with-praise-acc-notes

The following article was his opinion on Miami, FSU, and Florida.

I thought this was interesting:

On Miami:

Miami quit.  There was no fight.  No leadership. Florida State just dominated them. Is there any way to get Miami back on campus?  is there a plan?  Even if it is 40,000 seat stadium.  They must get back on campus.  It felt like a corporate, NFL atmosphere.  College football is very different from NFL.  The atmosphere there isn't conducive to playing inspired football.  I am not blaming the stadium, but it's not.  It is not a home field advantage.  It's the least of their worries, but it's not. 

I know he is wrong thinking they use to play on campus..but the Orange Bowl (7 miles from their campus) was more of a home to Miami then Joe Robbie (17 miles from their campus)

• Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

Why do you call it Joe Robbie Stadium?  It hasn't been called that for 15 years.

• Content Count:  521

I agree that playing off campus in an NFL stadium feels very sterile and uncollegiate, but if you couldn't be on campus, I wouldn't mind having having something off campus but all to ourselves (like the orange bowl was to UM)

Why do you call it Joe Robbie Stadium?  It hasn't been called that for 15 years.

I don't know.. first name that came to mind..they change the name of that stadium so often.. Joe Robbie - > to Landshark -> Sunlife Stadium... What is the name now?

• Content Count:  624

If anybody remembers, NC State has there stadium located only a couple of miles from campus. However, because it is their own, it has a college atmosphere to it. This is something South Florida should look into since we have no room on our actual campus.

• Content Count:  1,517
  • Days Won:  1

I believe RayJay does have a homely feel to it. maybe bc Miami had something else and recently switched there as a backup, their stadium does not. I mean Rayjay could have a more "ours" feeling but its not stone cold and alien to USF.

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Our stadium feels like a corporate NFL stadium because it is one... its not collegiate, heck you can't even hear the band, the only saving grace is the tailgate atmosphere we Bulls have built.

We need an OCS or an OCS a few miles east of campus, like next to 75 or North of campus off of Bruce B. Downs. It will happen in 15 years or so.

• Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

It will always be called Joe Robbie Stadium to me.  They changed the name a few times since, and for one year it is called Sun Life Stadium. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,584
  • Days Won:  423

LOL ... Who does Herbie sound like? .... His team gets its' ass kicked on the field and he takes jabs, albeit several weeks later, at an off campus stadium ...  :D

Archived