• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

ESPN's Kirk Herbstreit comments on Miami playing in Joe Robbie Stadium

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,738
  • Days Won:  0

We might have rayjay to ourselves next year!!!

?

Yes, "?" sums this up nicely...what???

I'm assuming the potential NFL players lockout next year.

You are correct.

Also that pic with a "stadium" on campus, where you gonna make the parking space for the stadium? there isn't much space for that

is this a joke?  its not a pro stadium, you dont need 50 acres for a big parking lot

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  4,738

We might have rayjay to ourselves next year!!!

?

Yes, "?" sums this up nicely...what???

I'm assuming the potential NFL players lockout next year.

players dont lock out.  owners lockout.

• Content Count:  225

pitt doesnt seem to be bothered by it.  when i was there last year it felt like the crowd was really into it.

I think Pitt is more of the exception than the rule.  There a few cities that are really good sport towns.  They will pack an house and cheer despite who is playing .. so almost every sport has that college atmosphere in these cities.  I few teams that kind of have that is New Orleans Saints, Green Bay Packers, Chicago (any sport.. even soccer..that place is insane) and Pittsburg.. they will fully support the team despite the sport.  But overrall a College Football on an OCS (or one extremely close..like the Coliseum at USC.. Orange Bowl to UM)..well always have a better atmosphere than a college football team playing in a pro stadium (There are exceptions..but most of the time.. no)

• Content Count:  509

I agree that playing off campus in an NFL stadium feels very sterile and uncollegiate, but if you couldn't be on campus, I wouldn't mind having having something off campus but all to ourselves (like the orange bowl was to UM)

That is why I hope the Bucs franchise tanks in Tampa, and at some point move to another city allowing us to come in to RJ and paint the entire place green and gold. And oh yea also demolish that ridiculously looking pirate ship and village. Don't know enough about the NFL and if that is even a possibility but I know there has been talk of the Jacksonville Jaguars moving to another city because there isn't enough fan interest.

Archived