• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Perfect example...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

Michigan. Michigan fired lloyd Carr and brought in Rich Rod. He brought a completely new offense two years ago and the struggled greatly. Michigan went 3-9 with a home loss to Toledo.  Now they're 5-1 with a heisman candadite just two years later. Patience guys. Patiene.

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Michigan. Michigan fired lloyd Carr and brought in Rich Rod. He brought a completely new offense two years ago and the struggled greatly. Michigan went 3-9 with a home loss to Toledo.  Now they're 5-1 with a heisman candadite just two years later. Patience guys. Patiene.

Michigan's not good this year.  They had a very cream-puffy schedule.  They're not going to even come close to the Big 10 Title and will likely lose 4 of the next 6.

Michigan's a 7-5 football team this season.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

I wouldn't call that a "perfect example" at all.

Michigan has no defense at all, which DickRod seemed to have brought from WVU.

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

What I hear from this post.

Mich changed coaches (as did USF)

3 years later, Mich is about an average team in a below average BCS conference.

So in 2012/2013 we can hope to be an average Big East team again?

Where do I sign up for that?

Guest Scherdin

Well it wasn't the best example...I'd go more with Bama, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Cincinnati, Arkansas, East Carolina, etc.

All average programs that needed a couple years after a new coach to get the ship turned in the right direction

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,684
  • Days Won:  424

Well it wasn't the best example...I'd go more with Bama, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Cincinnati, Arkansas, East Carolina, etc.

All average programs that needed a couple years after a new coach to get the ship turned in the right direction

IMO, the only one of those programs that could be called average, and close to our situation, at the time of the change was Cincy and Kelly didn't need 2 years. He went 10-3 and 11-3. I'm not sure any of those could be called average when the changes occured. ECU was coming off 2 horrible years (1-11, 2-9) ...

• Content Count:  554
  • Days Won:  0

cookie-monster-wtf-is-this.jpg

Those are EXCEPTIONAL programs that were have rough times... A retarded goat could recruit well at those schools.  USF is a little different.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Content Count:  7,001
  • Days Won:  12

agreed. tired of the whining about holtz. let him do his thing.

• Content Count:  3,616
  • Days Won:  1

carr didnt get fired but retired FYI and Michigan won't be top 25 by end of year. they're not even now, except in USA today coaches' poll

Archived