• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The sky is NOT falling, ladies and gentlemen!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  565
  • Days Won:  0

While I should be thrilled about actually seeing a #1 team get knocked off today live and in person, today was bittersweet, knowing that USF lost to a team they should have beaten. Easily.

Just to put things in perspective, however:

-Syracuse has beaten eventual bowl teams the last two years, and teams with 6-6 or better records for the past 3 years.

-Syracuse has drastically improved over the past 3-ish years, and not a person has denied that.

-We still have 6 Big East games, including 3 home games, to play

What will not help this team progress is the gloom and doom crowd jumping off the wagon at the first sign of trouble. Understandably, we as a collective fan base are upset. So were Michigan's when an FCS team came into their house and rocked them 3 ways to the weekend. So were V-Tech's when a lesser FCS team did the same thing.

So take the rest of the night, and be upset about the loss, and whine about BJ's quarterbacking, or Skip's coaching. But tomorrow morning, I expect us all to get back to what fans (aka us) are supposed to do. Keep rooting for our team, whether they are 10-1 or 1-10, and think that we can beat WVU on Thursday night, which I still believe we can do. Let Skip coach the team. Let BJ be a sophomore and make stupid mistakes. And believe in them either way.

• Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

Congrats on the HUGE upset.

IDC if Cuse has improved we should not be losing that game at home.

BJ has been horrible all year, bench him. I used to defend him with the Sophomore crap and he is young babble bs but will not any longer he is not the QB we're looking for.

Holtz did fine i think, i don't believe he does much more than oversee stuff and make a few decisions on major plays. Even OC wasn't too bad today, BJ just couldn't do squat throwing and was extremely hesitant to run. Our two problems on O today were OL blocking the blitz and BJ not being able to hit the ocean while standing on beach front property.

Defense played one hell of a game excluding the long 98 game winning drive. I had no clue wtf happened there.

• Content Count:  2,213

Plan your work.

Then

Work your plan.

Skip is 5 games in to what is probably a three year plan.

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

the sky has fallen... those facts might be comforting but BJ will not get any better and is actually getting worse... unless Evled or Gunsby is another Grothe then we are screwed.

• Content Count:  3,802

QB play is critical and this year we don't appear to have one capable of running the system the coaches want. I'm not saying BJ will never adapt, or that the backups won't progress enough to be capable but it won't happen this year most likely.

Time to play some playground football if we're keeping BJ in there.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

I agree the sky is not falling but many people here are coming back to reality about what this season was going to be once the coaching change was made.  You don't completely change your offensive philosophy and have success immediately you have to recruit the guys to play your system and develop them.  Take Michigan for instance they recruit at a much higher level than us and it took rich rod until this season to get his players in place and be a good football team, that's even with all the extra practice hours they put in up here ;-)   It's going to take Holtz a while to get his kind of players in here and convert this team over but for now he has to make due with what he has in the cupboard.  I think many people forget that just because Holtz was the coach on signing day doesn't mean that the last class was his first class.  That class was 3/4's CJL guys and Holtz honored all of their schools for the most part so really only a few kids from that class are his guys.  This class is the first one that will be a "Skip Holtz Joint" if you will and it will take a couple sequels before we see if what hes trying to install here will be successful.  Honestly i would like him to try to ease his system in over this season as it is a transition year and then make it my way or bust starting this January.  On defense i think we will be fine as we have a lot of young talent there but on offense we just don't have the kids here to run his system here successfully this season and win games.  I think a lot of people, especially those that were very much pro get rid of CJL, even before the Miller incident, are starting to crash back to reality and realize coaching transitions, especially those that move to drastically different systems are not a smooth operation.  

• Content Count:  554

Plan your work.

Then

Work your plan.

Skip is 5 games in to what is probably a three year plan.

A plan to do what?  Get us back to being an 8-4 team?  We are looking at 3-9 if the O can only put up 3 against 'cuse.

• Content Count:  684

I'll be in the bomb shelter let me know when there is exceptable FBS level QB play occurring in a green and gold (possibly storm trooper white) uniform.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,636
  • Days Won:  424

I'll be in the bomb shelter let me know when there is exceptable FBS level QB play occurring in a green and gold (possibly storm trooper white) uniform.

To read this board, we already have exceptable FBS level QB play occurring in a green and gold (possibly storm trooper white) uniform.

• Content Count:  5,591

If there has been any time to panic for usf fans, this is it. We are in danger of not making a bowl game this.

Archived