• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Judge orders USF to release Leavitt notes (Per Greg's Blog)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

This is a real shame... reading Greg's blog comments today I really had no idea there was so many people that were anti-leavitt on this issue.

Unbelievable... He will probably never be welcomed back to the university.

How much will this cost USF if we see it through to the end? It seems to me that no matter what we are screwed... If we see it through and we win... it will cost more than 7 mil... and if we see if through a lose it will cost like 14mil... Nuts

Welcome to the real world, Young hatter, where actions have consequences and courts will sort out who is right and wrong not messageboard posters or bloggers with agendas.

I'd say you're a bit misguided on your anti-Leavitt claims.

So if the courts determine that USF acted within their contractual obligations, you will accept that decision?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

The only thing really surprising to me is that looks like it is going to drag out for another year or two.  I really expected that Leavitt's attorneys would be trying to wrap this up in time for Leavitt to be hired again.  Of course, there is still another couple of months before he needs to be back on the market, but I can't believe that the Leavitt team dragging this out helps his ability to get another job.

What did you not understand about the article, DB?  It's USF that is dragging this out, not Leavitt or his attorneys.  It's USF that refuse to settle or negotiate.

It would appear to me, and an unbiased observer, that USF does not feel the need to settle.  It would also appear to me that if Leavitt had an "open and shut" case, Leavitt's attorneys would not need to keep making discovery request after discovery request.  If you already have more than enough evidence to make your case, as Will Florin keeps saying, why would you waste time on frivolous motions and discovery after discovery?  Seems to me that you would want a speedy trial to get the money quickly and clear Leavitt's name quickly.

That is a stretch.  Conduct no further discovery?  At a minimum you would still need to get all the other side's documents just to ensure that no one showed up at the last minute with some "lost" documents previously which were previously unknown and not located.  At least if you ask for them, fight about anything not produced it paints the other side into a corner as to what actually exists. 

• Content Count:  1,633
  • Days Won:  0

"We all know..."

Do we really?

According to you, you are the only one that knows.

We are all observers from the outside, and you claim to have all of this "info" and we are all misguided by what we have read (and the formed an opinion on).

Why dont you, the informed, give us, the uninformed, some insight into how you know all this "info" so maybe you can have some credibility.

Right now, we would all like to believe any amount of what you say but you have only told us that our opinions are all wrong because yours are correct.

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

"We all know..."

Do we really?

According to you, you are the only one that knows.

We are all observers from the outside, and you claim to have all of this "info" and we are all misguided by what we have read (and the formed an opinion on).

Why dont you, the informed, give us, the uninformed, some insight into how you know all this "info" so maybe you can have some credibility.

Right now, we would all like to believe any amount of what you say but you have only told us that our opinions are all wrong because yours are correct.

Simple.  Mizzou = CJL

The only thing really surprising to me is that looks like it is going to drag out for another year or two.  I really expected that Leavitt's attorneys would be trying to wrap this up in time for Leavitt to be hired again.  Of course, there is still another couple of months before he needs to be back on the market, but I can't believe that the Leavitt team dragging this out helps his ability to get another job.

What did you not understand about the article, DB?  It's USF that is dragging this out, not Leavitt or his attorneys.  It's USF that refuse to settle or negotiate.

Because they are in the driver's seat.  They have the money, and fired Leavitt.  Why would they settle?

if USF offered a settlement Leavitt would be stupid to refuse.  this case will take another 2 years at least. 

Then why isn't USF offering?

Perhaps it's USF that is stupid?

One does not offer to settle unless they think they are wrong and/or will lose in court.  Also, if they thought the legal battle would cost more than a negotiated settlement they might settle with an agreement of no wrong doing.

If USF is not offering a settlement, they must feel pretty good about their "hand" and will play it out in court if need be.

• Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

If true - great, but I just find it hard to believe.  Not that USF will force court orders on discovery - that is something every entity should do to protect the privacy rights of their customers/students/employees.  I find it hard to believe USF wouldn't be willing to negotiate a settlement, but I hope you are right.

This is a real shame... reading Greg's blog comments today I really had no idea there was so many people that were anti-leavitt on this issue.

Unbelievable... He will probably never be welcomed back to the university.

How much will this cost USF if we see it through to the end? It seems to me that no matter what we are screwed... If we see it through and we win... it will cost more than 7 mil... and if we see if through a lose it will cost like 14mil... Nuts

Welcome to the real world, Young hatter, where actions have consequences and courts will sort out who is right and wrong not messageboard posters or bloggers with agendas.

I'd say you're a bit misguided on your anti-Leavitt claims.

So if the courts determine that USF acted within their contractual obligations, you will accept that decision?

Of course I will.  Will you?

Of course, my friend isn't trying to get $7million.

It would appear to me, and an unbiased observer, that USF does not feel the need to settle.  It would also appear to me that if Leavitt had an "open and shut" case, Leavitt's attorneys would not need to keep making discovery request after discovery request.  If you already have more than enough evidence to make your case, as Will Florin keeps saying, why would you waste time on frivolous motions and discovery after discovery?  Seems to me that you would want a speedy trial to get the money quickly and clear Leavitt's name quickly.

Well...All I can say is the judge in the case has read these documents and completely disagrees with your assessment.  Again, it's USF that is stonewalling, foot dragging and hiding relevant information.  Either you are too biased to admit that or just too dumb to understand legal proceedings.

Really?  I can't believe any attorney would willingly disclose information if there is a chance they don't need to. 

USF is also protecting their students, something Leavitt isn't concerned about.

Finally, do not make personal attacks against anyone else on this board.  You are familiar with the consequences.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  4,741

Is Leavitt trying to hold onto the "nothing happened" argument? We all know that "something" happened, no where as near as bm reported and no as near what jl said. I'm going to ckeck out the court dockets to find out the next time jimmy will be at Edgecomb courthouse so I can go heckle him. Ask him if his case is going to collapse mid-way through to hearing.

"We all know..."

Do we really?

Are you unequivocally stating that NOTHING happened in that locker room at halftime of the 'Cuse game? Nothing? What about the discrepancies in leavitt's statements with those that SUPPORT him? I would think that you would've met with them prior to them being questioned to get your stories straight. How do you explain those? This will be quite entertaining watching you tap dance around the truth as you do so often. Again, I ask. Are you stating that NOTHING  happened in that locker room at halftime?

Archived