• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Judge orders USF to release Leavitt notes (Per Greg's Blog)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

The only thing really surprising to me is that looks like it is going to drag out for another year or two.  I really expected that Leavitt's attorneys would be trying to wrap this up in time for Leavitt to be hired again.  Of course, there is still another couple of months before he needs to be back on the market, but I can't believe that the Leavitt team dragging this out helps his ability to get another job.

I would say the previous maneuver by his legal team - to make-up all sorts of accusations and throw at his former bosses probably did far more to spoil any chances of him getting a future job that the length of this litigation.  It seemed clear to me a few months back neither party had anything to gain from a long legal battle and a settlement was likely, but at this point both parties have become fairly entrenched.  Leavitt claims he wants some kind of vindication - which seems highly unlikely in any possible scenario, but he might just be crazy enough to think it is possible.

I don't really see Leavitt coaching any big time program, ever.  He might land a job as an assistant on an NFL staff, or he might land something at a 1-AA or back at a high school, but I'd be very surprised to find him coaching (even as an assistant) at a D-1A college, really ever.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

1. Redacted notes were previously produced.  This order says the notes have to be produced and the only redactions allowed are for student medical issues.  Meaning that USF redacted more than what was allowed and included more than the in house lawyer implied was usf's concern.

2. The second part is the 800 pages which the court has already reviewed and wants usf's lawyers to show why these documents should not be produced.  This means that the court believes that these documents are relevant and not privileged but is affording USF an opportunity to show otherwise.

The first is a loss for USF but probably not unexpected.  The second could be a loss but probably not unexpected either.  Part of the discovery process.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

Is Leavitt trying to hold onto the "nothing happened" argument? We all know that "something" happened, no where as near as bm reported and no as near what jl said. I'm going to ckeck out the court dockets to find out the next time jimmy will be at Edgecomb courthouse so I can go heckle him. Ask him if his case is going to collapse mid-way through to hearing.

• Content Count:  4,738
  • Days Won:  0

if USF offered a settlement Leavitt would be stupid to refuse.  this case will take another 2 years at least. 

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Is Leavitt trying to hold onto the "nothing happened" argument? We all know that "something" happened, no where as near as bm reported and no as near what jl said. I'm going to ckeck out the court dockets to find out the next time jimmy will be at Edgecomb courthouse so I can go heckle him. Ask him if his case is going to collapse mid-way through to hearing.

It appears that the argument is going to be "Woolard wanted me gone, and used a trumped up charge to get rid of me." 

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

It appears that the argument is going to be "Woolard wanted me gone, and used a trumped up charge to get rid of me." 

I agree, but the problem with that argument is that he said nothing happened, kneeling in front of player....Is he now changing his tune to say something happened just not as bad. Which is of course exactly how I feel about it. My friend's cousins sister told me that Leavitt was given to chance to admit that he had done something wrong, and he could have kept his job. Not sure how true that is, but there was the time that we went for it on 4th down at the 50 because Leavitt was pissed that we didn't get it on 3rd. So he has shown the propensity for making irrational decisions based on emotion (which most of us do).

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

This is a real shame... reading Greg's blog comments today I really had no idea there was so many people that were anti-leavitt on this issue.

Unbelievable... He will probably never be welcomed back to the university.

How much will this cost USF if we see it through to the end? It seems to me that no matter what we are screwed... If we see it through and we win... it will cost more than 7 mil... and if we see if through a lose it will cost like 14mil... Nuts

I can see why they may be "anti-Leavitt" on this situation.

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

This is a real shame... reading Greg's blog comments today I really had no idea there was so many people that were anti-leavitt on this issue.

Unbelievable... He will probably never be welcomed back to the university.

How much will this cost USF if we see it through to the end? It seems to me that no matter what we are screwed... If we see it through and we win... it will cost more than 7 mil... and if we see if through a lose it will cost like 14mil... Nuts

I can see why they may be "anti-Leavitt" on this situation.

I can too. I just had no idea that there were so many people against leavitt. It seems like the only pro leavitt people are on this board :P

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

I agree, but the problem with that argument is that he said nothing happened, kneeling in front of player....Is he now changing his tune to say something happened just not as bad. Which is of course exactly how I feel about it. My friend's cousins sister told me that Leavitt was given to chance to admit that he had done something wrong, and he could have kept his job. Not sure how true that is, but there was the time that we went for it on 4th down at the 50 because Leavitt was pissed that we didn't get it on 3rd. So he has shown the propensity for making irrational decisions based on emotion (which most of us do).

You forgot the ' in cousin's.....  ;D

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

The only thing really surprising to me is that looks like it is going to drag out for another year or two.  I really expected that Leavitt's attorneys would be trying to wrap this up in time for Leavitt to be hired again.  Of course, there is still another couple of months before he needs to be back on the market, but I can't believe that the Leavitt team dragging this out helps his ability to get another job.

What did you not understand about the article, DB?  It's USF that is dragging this out, not Leavitt or his attorneys.  It's USF that refuse to settle or negotiate.

It would appear to me, and an unbiased observer, that USF does not feel the need to settle.  It would also appear to me that if Leavitt had an "open and shut" case, Leavitt's attorneys would not need to keep making discovery request after discovery request.  If you already have more than enough evidence to make your case, as Will Florin keeps saying, why would you waste time on frivolous motions and discovery after discovery?  Seems to me that you would want a speedy trial to get the money quickly and clear Leavitt's name quickly.

Archived