• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Expert Opinion

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,352
  • Days Won:  4

Excellent post, my friend.

I agree wholeheartedly... I think this team can easily go 8-4, but I actually think we will go 10-2 and head to the Orange Bowl.

Jim since you are our resident Bowl expert...for fun let's just assume USF does win the BE....as of late....the BE champ has been the last selection of the BCS bowls...thus Cincy went to the Sugar last year and the Orange the year prior.

This year the Fiesta has the last selection....whereas the Orange has the 2nd to last.

Do you think the Orange would still go ahead and select USF just due to proximity? I could see it....I guess it would depend on who that 2nd to last team was?

If that were to happen....I would sure hope for the Orange because I don't see a large portion of our fanbase making it to Arizona.

I dont care if the bcs bowl was in North Korea, if we get a bcs bowl bid I will be there

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree wholeheartedly... I think this team can easily go 8-4, but I actually think we will go 10-2 and head to the Orange Bowl.

Jim since you are our resident Bowl expert...for fun let's just assume USF does win the BE....as of late....the BE champ has been the last selection of the BCS bowls...thus Cincy went to the Sugar last year and the Orange the year prior.

This year the Fiesta has the last selection....whereas the Orange has the 2nd to last.

Do you think the Orange would still go ahead and select USF just due to proximity? I could see it....I guess it would depend on who that 2nd to last team was?

If that were to happen....I would sure hope for the Orange because I don't see a large portion of our fanbase making it to Arizona.

There is quite a bit to take into consideration with this question... but let's say what people think will happen does: The SEC champion plays Boise State in the BCS Championship game.  Let's also say that TCU stays in the Top 4 and gets an auto bid.  That leaves two more at large selections --- one for the SEC and one for either the Big 12 or Big 10... if TCU doesn't do well, then both the Big 10 and Big 12 will get two bids.

So we have:

BCS - SEC #1 vs Boise

Sugar - AT LARGE vs AT LARGE

Orange - ACC Champ vs AT LARGE

Fiesta - Big 12 Champ vs AT LARGE

Rose - Big 10 vs Pac 10

The order of selection for at large: Sugar (replacing the SEC Champion), Sugar, Orange, Fiesta.

The Sugar will take the SEC runner up (or the #2 selection - may not be the actual runner up) for their first slot, then they have: Big East, TCU, and the Big 10/12 2nd team... the Sugar will take either the Big East champ OR a team from the Big 12 (Oklahoma or Texas)

That means the Orange will take the Big East team... or the Big 12 team (tradition - it was the ACC v Big 8/12 for years before the BCS)

The Fiesta will gladly take TCU or the other Big Ten team...  I don't see the Big East champion falling here.

Just my two cents... a lot of prognosticators have Pitt going to Fiesta - but I disagree with them.

• Content Count:  174
  • Days Won:  0

I like JimUSFSig's take on this season. To me yesterday had a lot of positives and I think BJ will lead us to a championship..!!! That kid was dead a@ss tired and hung in there.. runs like NFL Vic, passing game will get better..tremendous heart...  While that first quarter drive was fantastic... I wish it didn't happen, that heat had to affect our O line... Our Ds looked good as well... Overall UF got........LUCKY...!!!! ..

GATORS.. :furious.....My opinion of course..!!! 

• Content Count:  521
  • Days Won:  0

i've always felt like we've had the talent to win the Big East, but now i finally think we have the coaching staff to win the Big East ;D

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Jim,

I was talking DLine. Teams will run on us. Sorry, should have been more clear.

That being said, we've worked with BJ on his passing. He can tear up the bad teams. Teams that get him on the run make him throw on the run destroy him.

I'd love to see 10-2, but I don't see us going threw the Big East unscathed.

Jim,

I was talking DLine. Teams will run on us. Sorry, should have been more clear.

That being said, we've worked with BJ on his passing. He can tear up the bad teams. Teams that get him on the run make him throw on the run destroy him.

I'd love to see 10-2, but I don't see us going threw the Big East unscathed.

First, Grothe had the same issues as a sophomore... BJ will work through this.

Second, the Big East just isn't that strong... I'm sure we'll lose a game (likely @ Cincy or vs Pitt) but these opponents just look weak this year... and our team looked darn good yesterday, except for the passing game.

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Jim, didn't you say there was no shot of Florida putting over 21 on our D?

Not saying you're not a little green and gold glazed, but...

Just messing. I think 8-4 is more realistic, transition year, BJ Daniels and his ability to pass in big games, lack of receivers, and line depth has me thinking otherwise

One could argue that they barely put over 21 on our D.  The INT at the half and the pick 6 are hardly on our D.  After we fell behind, our D was on the field a lot and got tired.

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Yes. Giving up 423 yards, 38 points, and turning over the ball 5 times.

Darn good...

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

REALLY? If you're being sarcastic, some will make fun of me for falling for it. If not, someone see's the glass as half full like I do. I think that we have a VERY good shot at the BE title this year.

10-2 may be a reach, but I saw enough on Saturday to know that we can beat any team left on the schedule. We had a great game plan. The execution failed, but the plan had UF off guard. I don't see us shooting ourselves in the foot the way we did the other day.

• Content Count:  12,465
  • Days Won:  25

I've said it before - ANY BOWL, ANY WHERE, BDYZR WILL be THERE.

Also, with the exception of WVU, the weeknight games all have extra prep/rest days.

Archived