• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Expert Opinion

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,180
  • Days Won:  1

Not really, just mine....

I dont think there is really a thread that is summarizing how I am feeling right now, so booom, here it is.

While the score was very disappointing yesterday, I saw some very good things...

First of all, for the first time in a very loonnnnng time, I like the special teams. I think the punter yesterday was amazing (Brockhaus). I loved Lamar returning kicks and loved T-Rex returning punts (granted, no big returns, but no fumbles either). I loved seeing Bonani kick it into the endzone, and feel like we have good kicker in Swartz (plus a good back up in Bonani).

For the first time in a long time, we have a good looking running back (Murray) and Plancher didnt look to bad either. Against probably the best defensive line we will play this year, our O-Line looked great. This was probably the best secondary we will play, and we struggled. I think this will get better as Love and Griifin get healthy (not to mention Bogan).

I also thought the defense was flying around and looked pretty good yesterday. Yes they started to struggle as the game went on, but I saw some good overall D.

Long story short, my expectations at the beginning of the year (and it seems like a lot of others as well) were 6-6 or 7-5. After watching the game yesterday, I honestly feel like we can do better than that. Yesterday, I saw a talented, young team. I think this will be a fun year for our Bulls.

Stay thirsty my friends lol :cheers

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

Excellent post, my friend.

I agree wholeheartedly... I think this team can easily go 8-4, but I actually think we will go 10-2 and head to the Orange Bowl.

REALLY? If you're being sarcastic, some will make fun of me for falling for it. If not, someone see's the glass as half full like I do. I think that we have a VERY good shot at the BE title this year.

• Content Count:  4,259

Not really, just mine....

I dont think there is really a thread that is summarizing how I am feeling right now, so booom, here it is.

While the score was very disappointing yesterday, I saw some very good things...

First of all, for the first time in a very loonnnnng time, I like the special teams. I think the punter yesterday was amazing (Brockhaus). I loved Lamar returning kicks and loved T-Rex returning punts (granted, no big returns, but no fumbles either). I loved seeing Bonani kick it into the endzone, and feel like we have good kicker in Swartz (plus a good back up in Bonani).

For the first time in a long time, we have a good looking running back (Murray) and Plancher didnt look to bad either. Against probably the best defensive line we will play this year, our O-Line looked great. This was probably the best secondary we will play, and we struggled. I think this will get better as Love and Griifin get healthy (not to mention Bogan).

I also thought the defense was flying around and looked pretty good yesterday. Yes they started to struggle as the game went on, but I saw some good overall D.

Long story short, my expectations at the beginning of the year (and it seems like a lot of others as well) were 6-6 or 7-5. After watching the game yesterday, I honestly feel like we can do better than that. Yesterday, I saw a talented, young team. I think this will be a fun year for our Bulls.

Stay thirsty my friends lol :cheers

I agree with this Most Interesting summation.  Good job my friend.  :)

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

I agree wholeheartedly... I think this team can easily go 8-4, but I actually think we will go 10-2 and head to the Orange Bowl.

REALLY? If you're being sarcastic, some will make fun of me for falling for it. If not, someone see's the glass as half full like I do. I think that we have a VERY good shot at the BE title this year.

i think we are in the running... if for no other reason that all teams are bad :P

• Content Count:  2,187
  • Days Won:  2

If we don't slaughter RU this year, I'll be very disappointed. They struggled with FIU all night yesterday.

• Content Count:  821
  • Days Won:  2

Another excellent overall statement.

I too have better expectations than before.

Yes really... because what I saw yesterday in the GOOD things far outweights the BAD things.  I think the coaches can adjust the BAD things, and I think Florida talent caused a good number of them to happen.

Add to that what CMHATTER said - the rest of the Big East are just not that good this year...

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  4,741

Yes really... because what I saw yesterday in the GOOD things far outweights the BAD things.  I think the coaches can adjust the BAD things, and I think Florida talent caused a good number of them to happen.

Add to that what CMHATTER said - the rest of the Big East are just not that good this year...

I agree completely, the gators had some serious issues to address in 1 week, and against a better opponent the next week. We have 2 weeks and wku.

• Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

Jim since you are our resident Bowl expert...for fun let's just assume USF does win the BE....as of late....the BE champ has been the last selection of the BCS bowls...thus Cincy went to the Sugar last year and the Orange the year prior.

This year the Fiesta has the last selection....whereas the Orange has the 2nd to last.

Do you think the Orange would still go ahead and select USF just due to proximity? I could see it....I guess it would depend on who that 2nd to last team was?

If that were to happen....I would sure hope for the Orange because I don't see a large portion of our fanbase making it to Arizona.

Archived