• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

WEST VIRGINIA - MARSHALL THREAD - ESPN

Jim Johnson

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,040
  • Days Won:  11

Did I just here them say the Mike Hayes scored a TD?  

• Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

Yep.

• Content Count:  21,025
  • Days Won:  38

Wow.  I don't know how to um....   Wow.  I hate to call things a choke but WVU couldn't do anything up until that point where they started playing back and letting them march down the field.  So of course the kids start to begin feeling the pressure and implode.  Wow.  

I know I am supposed to be pulling for the Big East but I am a sucker for underdogs.  WE ARE (NOT) MARSHALL.

• Content Count:  7,040
  • Days Won:  11

hayes is having some nice runs...still kind of sad he didn't make it

• Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

Nasty screen pass for Hayes.

• Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

Please.  It's called Parity.  WVU is far from being Alabama and Marshall is far from being the wrost team in the nation.  Relatively, WVU is not that good and Marshall is not that bad. 

• Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

Please.  It's called Parity.  WVU is far from being Alabama and Marshall is far from being the wrost team in the nation.  Relatively, WVU is not that good and Marshall is not that bad. 

Parity is a term used to describe the NFL because there is a salary cap that helps keep the teams on a more even field talent wise. There is no parity in college football (or baseball). Better athletes most often go to schools with huge budgets and more perks like indoor practice facilities and relationships with pro scouts. Ohio St spends over 30 million a year on its college football program. USF probably spends 8-9.  A program like Marshall, 3-4 mil. That is not parity. What kept Marshall in that game was the coaches on both sides. WVU's is in over his head and Marshall's will be at a powerhouse school in 10 years.

• Content Count:  46
  • Days Won:  0

Not a bad game playing against a former coach who practiced his team for months for this one game.  Not to mention he knew all the plays we run and had his defense calling the plays out when we lined up.  If you don't believe that, re-watch the game and see how their linebackers moved to the exact right spot for the plays in the first half. Our offense got into a rythm because we got up-tempo and they didn't have time to adjust. This was Marshole's super bowl.  They want so badly for this to be a rivalry, but it's not.  They hate being little brother.  90% of those Marshole fans are WVU fans the rest of the year.  I'm not saying there isn't room for lots of improvement, especially on the O-line. Subtract the two defensive breakdowns and a little better execution and this game is a rout.  If he's given time to make plays, Geno Smith is the real deal.  Not too many sophmore QBs lead that kind of comeback on the road in their second start. 

Archived