• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Villanova officially invited to join Big East....

vm7118

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,039
  • Days Won:  11

plus, wouldn't it help shift the power to the football side of the conference?

No. Villanova is already at the voting table.

I know they are, but wouldn't this possible change their vote, meaning they'ed by more concerned about the football side then they were before?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

I know they are, but wouldn't this possible change their vote, meaning they'ed by more concerned about the football side then they were before?

It could, but i still think they'd have a big emphasis on basketball.

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

sucha  dumb move... i would have preferred UCF

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Comparing what we did to what Nova will do to raise capital isn't possible.

To pay for football USF hit up their greatest asset. Their students. $10 a credit/hour x (then) 35,000 students = ******** of money

Not to mention the money we got from the state.

Nova has about 6,000 undergrad, 3,000 grad (which might not get hit up with the same undergrad fees). They're going to need outside sources to fund this thing.

It's a program that will come up and struggle. I just don't think it's going to benefit the conference long term.

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

This would be the main benefit.  Break up the 8-8 split and now make it 9-7 which may ease any future split or expansion.  As for on the field?  Doubt they could succesfully make the jump given the size of the school.

As for on the field?  Doubt they could succesfully make the jump given the size of the school.

UConn did

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

As for on the field?  Doubt they could succesfully make the jump given the size of the school.

UConn did

UCOnn is the flagshippublic university in its state with a large student body (almost 30,000 students).  Villanova is a private university with a much smaller student population (about 10,000) in a city that is at best interested in college football where Penn State or Notre Dame is concerned or at worst nothing more than a pro sports town.

I don't think its an apples-to-apples comparison.

• Content Count:  521
  • Days Won:  0

we should have kicked out villanova from the Big East, replaced them with Temple.. it would be the best of both worlds:  Big public university in Big TV market

• Content Count:  7,039
  • Days Won:  11

UConn did

UCOnn is the flagshippublic university in its state with a large student body (almost 30,000 students).  Villanova is a private university with a much smaller student population (about 10,000) in a city that is at best interested in college football where Penn State or Notre Dame is concerned or at worst nothing more than a pro sports town.

the only way I see it possible is if they have some big boosters with deep pockets, which wouldn't necessarily surprise me.    :2cents

UConn did

Do you remember when we played at UConn back in 2001? It was their homecoming game and they may have had 12,000 there. Villanova may draw a bit less right now, but the fact of the matter is that UConn progressed when they moved to 1 A and the fans came out when they played better teams. The same thing can happen for Villanova, especially when they play Big East teams at home.

Archived