• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Villanova officially invited to join Big East....

vm7118

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  74,216
  • Days Won:  422

school is considering the offer....... ucfers will not be happy

The BE is beneath UCF ... They are definitely ACC or SEC bound.

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  64
  • Days Won:  0

The article leads me to believe that if Nova turns down the offer the BE will invite another school or schools into the league.  Why else would they give Nova a deadline? The BE never did before

• Content Count:  639
  • Days Won:  0

Ok you want to say UCF doesn't add value that's fine but you're adding a IAA program in the cemetery of College Football markets and you think that's a better option than UCF or ECU? Big East Leadership only care about Basketball. They don't even average 10K a game.

They have been in the Big East since the second year of the league, so they absolutely should be afforded the courtesy of the invite.

Secondly, they help the scheduling for football while maintaining 16 basketball playing members.

Thirdly, the Philadelphia tv market is much better for the Big East than Orlando, Dallas, Memphis, or Greenville, especially if the league is looking to create its own network, which had been widely rumored.

If you honestly think they'd stay at 10K when they go to the Big East, then you're sadly mistaken.

To answer your question, yes, they're a better option than UCF, ECU and Memphis. TCU would have been better, but then they'd upset the balance of the league in basketball.

I know all I'll hear is spin here but take away UCF hate for a bit. Philly, Boston, NYC are all Pro markets, they will never embrace College Football like Southern cities. They don't have a stadium, it's a private school w/ very low enrollment, there are not many ingredients for their fanbase to grow like USF's has or UCF's could potentially with a jump to the Big East. Casual meatballs in Philly will always pick Eagles and Phillies over Big East Football. There is no way they are a better option than UCF, ECU, or even Memphis. TCU is in the Central Time zone so doubt they would ever be an option. I don't know how any Big East FOOTBALL fans can spin this decision as a good thing. Villanova would have to figure out the stadium thing than what, they maybe get a jump to 25K a game? ECU and UCF already top that.

• Content Count:  66,048
  • Days Won:  172

terrble

what a joke of a conference

• Content Count:  7,037
  • Days Won:  11

one good thing is it is a cheap flight, even though I hate that airport.  :P

• Content Count:  7,037
  • Days Won:  11

Ok you want to say UCF doesn't add value that's fine but you're adding a IAA program in the cemetery of College Football markets and you think that's a better option than UCF or ECU? Big East Leadership only care about Basketball. They don't even average 10K a game.

They have been in the Big East since the second year of the league, so they absolutely should be afforded the courtesy of the invite.

Secondly, they help the scheduling for football while maintaining 16 basketball playing members.

Thirdly, the Philadelphia tv market is much better for the Big East than Orlando, Dallas, Memphis, or Greenville, especially if the league is looking to create its own network, which had been widely rumored.

If you honestly think they'd stay at 10K when they go to the Big East, then you're sadly mistaken.

To answer your question, yes, they're a better option than UCF, ECU and Memphis. TCU would have been better, but then they'd upset the balance of the league in basketball.

flip I think your right on all accounts

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

I know all I'll hear is spin here but take away UCF hate for a bit. Philly, Boston, NYC are all Pro markets, they will never embrace College Football like Southern cities. They don't have a stadium, it's a private school w/ very low enrollment, there are not many ingredients for their fanbase to grow like USF's has or UCF's could potentially with a jump to the Big East. Casual meatballs in Philly will always pick Eagles and Phillies over Big East Football. There is no way they are a better option than UCF, ECU, or even Memphis. TCU is in the Central Time zone so doubt they would ever be an option. I don't know how any Big East FOOTBALL fans can spin this decision as a good thing. Villanova would have to figure out the stadium thing than what, they maybe get a jump to 25K a game? ECU and UCF already top that.

You know you'll hear the spinning comments because that is exactly what you're doing.

Many people said the same thing about UConn going to 1 A and the Big East and it worked out for them quite well. They don't play on campus. Auman mentioned that the stadium where the Philly MLS team plays would be a potential venue and that's a good place to start. Villanova does have a very good 1 AA program that would need a few transition years, but they can succeed.

Again, the Philadelphia market is better than any other option that is available. The league wants to create it's own network and having Philly bolsters that. The balance of the league would also remain in tact, which is very important.

TCU would be the absolute best option for the league if it could work, but if you're talking about expanding basketball, then you're in trouble.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,549
  • Days Won:  29

Famous football alum, Howie Long

Guest nybullsfan

Nova went though this a few years ago, and decided to not move up.

Basically, they were in the same place USF was, back in the day. Until the A.D. died or retired, it was not going to happen.

I guess they now have a new A.D.

I think it's a good idea for Nova to move up.

But I also think it's a good idea for FSU to move to the SEC and USF to move to the ACC, so what do I know!??!

Archived