• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Phil Steele forecasts USF @ UF

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,458
  • Days Won:  19

I am really surprised that Steele hasn't turned more on the Bulls after they crashed on his previous predictions; however, he seems to encourage by the coaching change as well.  As for the Big East experience issue, just look around the league, particularly at QB, and the first week's performances.  That says it all.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

If we get close to winning the refs will just pull and Arkansas on us.

SEC ref 'home cookin' actually worries me a lot.

We should have neutral conference refs. Or will have one conference on the field, the other's officials in the replay booth. One of the two is what will happen.

They never have neutral refs... one of the teams has to pay for them, so they will either be SEC or Big East.

Did you know that officiating "teams" are the same throughout they year? The same referee, umpire, line judge, etc work together week to week.

All the interconference games this past weekend had either neutral refs or split them with one conf on the field the other in the booth. Why would this inter BCS conference game be any different.

Because who the refs are was part of the agreement signed before we got into the Big East.  I can almost guarantee it will be SEC refs.

• Content Count:  14,411
  • Days Won:  13

Phil has been in the game too long to turn on a program. First off, he realizes its kids playing this game. Second, he realizes its a game. You don't give up on the kids, you just don't. When you do, they prove you wrong. I think Phil sees the big games USF has won against ranked opponents as proof he is right about the program being among his surprise teams. He likes Holtz. Says that he won 2 championships with teams that were not the best in the conference. Rarely disappoints is the term he uses. Its a wait and see game right now.

• Content Count:  1,985
  • Days Won:  0

SEC ref 'home cookin' actually worries me a lot.

Yeah, you saw this last week as well.  That goalline personal foul was ticky tack, and really turned the game.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

We only have like 10 total returning starters...

Please tell me you're not being serious.

The refs didn't cost us at all against Arkansas and they weren't a factor in the Auburn game either.

• Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

Flip, I think he is talking about the refs during the Florida - Arkansas game last year. That game was the closest the Gators came to losing in the regular season and trailed/tied late, and there were some questionable calls that "helped" UF pull ahead. People thought the SEC refs were favoring UF in order for them to have the undefeated season.

• Content Count:  2,495
  • Days Won:  1

The refs didn't cost us at all against Arkansas and they weren't a factor in the Auburn game either.

I believe he was referring to the jobbing Arkansas got @ The Swamp last year. 

• Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

They cost Arkansas the win @ UF last year. It was a joke, I'm sure the highlights of it all are on Youtube or something.

My bad. Forgot about that one.

Arkansas was definitely screwed over in that game. I think UF will have a tough time going to their place this year.

Archived