• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Being respectabull above the game

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  341
  • Days Won:  1

Just a remember what day gameday is, and fly your flags at half mast (if your pole aint adjustable, we understand), pour one for those lost, and keep them in the back of your mind as you enjoy the BULLS giving the Gators one hell of an afternoon.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,685
  • Days Won:  108

9/11 is the new Dec 7th for today's generation.

Our daughter had 9/11 as a choice for her wedding day and didn't do it.

• Content Count:  2,511
  • Days Won:  0

Today's generation pales in comparison to the generation that experienced Pearl Harbor and fought in WWII.  While the "greatest generation" enlisted in droves to fight the Axis, today's generation just bought yellow ribbon magnets (manufactured in China) and felt they diid their duty.

Seriously, Sept 11th barely registers in importance when compared to Pearl Harbor Day.  Maybe today's narcissist generation feels the opposite, but most of them were not directly impacted by the WTC attacks, and most of them sacrificed nothing after the attacks.

• Content Count:  115

Something we can definitely agree on right here.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,685
  • Days Won:  108

I wasn't trying to compare the two events.  Just saying that today's generation barely knows about Pearl Harbor but they know "9/11".  They probably don't know what year the PH attack occurred.

• Content Count:  178

hightechbull's post is offensive and uncalled for. It is entirely off-topic and has no place on this board. I would like to request that the moderators remove it. Thanks.

• Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

Turning a reminder to behave respectably on the anniversary of one of our nation's most tragic days into a pissing match between generations is beyond disgusting.  Even as a member of what is apparently the "narcissist generation" I know better.

• Content Count:  1,633
  • Days Won:  3

I will try to get this thread back on track.

Normally I drive to the game with four USF car flags on the van - 2 new style in the front windows and two old style in the rear.  Saturday I will place two American car flags in the front windows with two USF flags in the rear.

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

Today's generation pales in comparison to the generation that experienced Pearl Harbor and fought in WWII.  While the "greatest generation" enlisted in droves to fight the Axis, today's generation just bought yellow ribbon magnets (manufactured in China) and felt they diid their duty.

Seriously, Sept 11th barely registers in importance when compared to Pearl Harbor Day.  Maybe today's narcissist generation feels the opposite, but most of them were not directly impacted by the WTC attacks, and most of them sacrificed nothing after the attacks.

Sorry, not willing to let it go, Boomer, I commend you though.

It's funny that you put "directly" in front of impacted here. It was roughly the same number of deaths (actually about 500 more in 9/11), so I would have to say that more people were "directly" impacted.

Facts... Pearl Harbor was a military target during a time of war. 9/11 was an unprovoked attack on two civilian targets, and the pentagon using civilians as the weapon. Every day American's in the third plane died while heroically bringing down the 4th plane before it could reach it's target. I still have the news paper showing people leaping out of the WTC because a quick death was better than the alternative of burning alive in the building.

I wasn't alive for Pearl Harbor, I am sure it was very emotional, and I will not comment on your feelings on that day, but for you to downplay my feelings, and the feelings of my generation is pompous at best.

I don't think there is one American that wasn't impacted by 9/11. Personally, I think you should type a full retraction of your rant, and then go and sit in a dark corner and really reflect on what happened that day. Afterwards, hopefully you'll drop the "our tragedy was worse than yours" attitude and look up the word narcissist.

I'd like to commend Jihutto on a very thoughtful post and apologize for the role I have played in derailing it. In addition, I'd like to challenge everyone to a moment of silence at 8:46 a.m. while at your tailgate on Saturday.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

Post of the day.

Sorry, not willing to let it go, Boomer, I commend you though.

It's funny that you put "directly" in front of impacted here. It was roughly the same number of deaths (actually about 500 more in 9/11), so I would have to say that more people were "directly" impacted.

Facts... Pearl Harbor was a military target during a time of war. 9/11 was an unprovoked attack on two civilian targets, and the pentagon using civilians as the weapon. Every day American's in the third plane died while heroically bringing down the 4th plane before it could reach it's target. I still have the news paper showing people leaping out of the WTC because a quick death was better than the alternative of burning alive in the building.

I wasn't alive for Pearl Harbor, I am sure it was very emotional, and I will not comment on your feelings on that day, but for you to downplay my feelings, and the feelings of my generation is pompous at best.

I don't think there is one American that wasn't impacted by 9/11. Personally, I think you should type a full retraction of your rant, and then go and sit in a dark corner and really reflect on what happened that day. Afterwards, hopefully you'll drop the "our tragedy was worse than yours" attitude and look up the word narcissist.

I'd like to commend Jihutto on a very thoughtful post and apologize for the role I have played in derailing it. In addition, I'd like to challenge everyone to a moment of silence at 8:46 a.m. while at your tailgate on Saturday.

Archived