• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Gators vow to work hard, improve before facing South Florida

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  791
  • Days Won:  3

If Urban works his team too hard this week preparing for USF, blowback with the UF team will probably weaken the Gators even more.

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

If Urban works his team too hard this week preparing for USF, blowback with the UF team will probably weaken the Gators even more.

one can hope!

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I have non lue what to make of UF's game Saturday.

No passes over 5 yards. Repeated running plays to the outside.

Then 18 botched snaps.

Who the hell knows at this point

• Content Count:  2,558
  • Days Won:  0

Maybe it was all a ploy to seem like they were off track just to get us pumped up and then slaughter us!

Nah we got this...

• Content Count:  115

I think it's hard to truly pass judgment on whether Brantley is "good" or "bad" at this point.  He had a bunch of bad snaps with Pouncey...that throws off the timing of a QB.  He had to go through to his safety receiver a bunch due to that.  If the snaps improve this week, we'll see what he can do if he has a little time.

What's the big to-do about Meyer and the team wanting to get better after a lackluster performance?  Most teams will practice smarter/harder for a better opponent.  They looked like garbage.  We'll see this weekend if it was a fluke or if they truly have miles to go.  USF is a much better opponent and hopefully UF will be up for it.  Just as USF is looking at this game as a huge opportunity, UF isn't shrugging it off, either.  Those players and coaches know what it means...state supremacy, bowl implications, recruiting battles...Meyer isn't late to the party.

And yes, Demps is fast...and he's not as shifty as we'd like him to be.  You probably won't see him running between the tackles.  But, perhaps Gillislee and Moody may see more touches.  Maybe true freshman Mack Brown will get some touches.  There's a lot of talent, but you have to get a rhythm going.  If USF's D is good enough to disrupt that...good for them. Then they'll be deserving of the victory.

• Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

Of course they're going to work hard.  We will too.  We both have well coached teams and both will work as hard as they can to fix mistakes going into this game.  They're very well coached and would've worked hard if they waxed the floor with Miami.  Same with USF.

• Content Count:  115

Of course they're going to work hard.  We will too.  We both have well coached teams and both will work as hard as they can to fix mistakes going into this game.  They're very well coached and would've worked hard if they waxed the floor with Miami.  Same with USF.

Agreed.

• Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

The CPU Gators didn't go to practice and got beat by USF 21-10 in my NCAA 11 game this morning.  ;D  Ints by Lattimore and Young. Plancher POTG with 1 TD and 230 rushing yards. Rain so kept it on the ground and pounded away. Brantley 130 yards. Demps 46 yards on 16 attempts. Gators fall from #6 to #15. USF goes from unranked to #20. Go Bulls!

661A0001_2_JPEG_SCREENSHOT_nHg.jpg

661A0001_3_JPEG_SCREENSHOT_yXp.jpg

• Content Count:  1,867
  • Days Won:  2

The CPU Gators didn't go to practice and got beat by USF 21-10 in my NCAA 11 game this morning.  ;D  Ints by Lattimore and Young. Plancher POTG with 1 TD and 230 rushing yards. Rain so kept it on the ground and pounded away. Brantley 130 yards. Demps 46 yards on 16 attempts. Gators fall from #6 to #15. USF goes from unranked to #20. Go Bulls!

Well, that's that then.  I guess you just saved me a trip.

:)

• Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

The Gators worked hard before the Miami game too.

“I’m very pleased with where we’re at right now,†Florida head coach Urban Meyer said. “We’ve had an excellent week of practice and we’re ready to go.â€

Meyer had his doubts about the team last week after watching practice. He saw a team with tired legs that lacked the passion he wanted to see before the season started. Time has helped their energy come back, and the head coach likes what he sees.

“Finally, I do this week,†Meyer said. “I didn’t see that last week. That’s when the alarms started going off around here because I just didn’t see the love of the game. I see it now, and we’re ready to go.â€

Archived