• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Countdown To Kickoff Subject #7 - Gata Nation Finally Starting To Worry?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsmybQKpmTw

We have just as much of a chance to beat UF as we did FSU because like FSU, UF thinks we are going to be a doormat.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,894
  • Days Won:  0

I dont know why you guys are thinking because we did well against "A" wvu spread offense, somehow that means floridas spread is similar. I dont understand you dont have to be so confident were going to win. It doesnt make you any more of a fan. Noone here is a bigger usf fan than me, you can say you are, i wont care because i think i am, you think you are, everyone on here thinks they are.Your not going to be frowned upon for being realistic. Our chances of winning are slim, and its a fact. If we win its ENORMOUS FOR THE PROGRAM. If we lose, so what we need to see how we do against one of the best programs. Just enjoy this game. We all want to win, we all think were good but come on....Lets wake up here.

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

I dont know why you guys are thinking because we did well against "A" wvu spread offense, somehow that means floridas spread is similar. I dont understand you dont have to be so confident were going to win. It doesnt make you any more of a fan. Noone here is a bigger usf fan than me, you can say you are, i wont care because i think i am, you think you are, everyone on here thinks they are.Your not going to be frowned upon for being realistic. Our chances of winning are slim, and its a fact. If we win its ENORMOUS FOR THE PROGRAM. If we lose, so what we need to see how we do against one of the best programs. Just enjoy this game. We all want to win, we all think were good but come on....Lets wake up here.

I'm not getting that much into why we will or won't win... I have a simple mind when it comes to football... my logic is that we were as much of an underdog against Auburn and FSU as we are against UF... UF is rebuilding, they are in denial about it, and I think we have a 50-50 chance.

If we come out hitting hard and not making any mistakes then we have a shot, its going to take a lot of luck.

• Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

The way I see it, our defense has to play at a championship level and hold the Gators down offensively because I don't see our offense doing a whole lot. Not in the 2nd game of the season.

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

If hitting hard and not and mistakes and a lot of luck is not 50%.

50% means equal talent, equal coaching and no luck needed. Therefore if teams play 10 times one team wins 5, the other wins 5. Maybe 7% is too low. But I would go any higher than 15%. We don't have the same coaching. We don't have the same talent. We both play cupcakes week one. Let's see how they do.

After FSU two game we knew they didn't play a lick of D. So our D had to show up big cause our O would score. Just hold our horses and temper the talk just a little. Remember that 8 wins in the regular season is a BAD UF season. And that team would still finish in the Top 25.

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Joe & Bullies -

The way you say things you clearly think the difference in talent level is SOOOO big.  I don't.  Yes, Florida has better players.  But it's not like we're Troy or Miami of Ohio.  Heck, USF's players are better than HALF of the SEC.

The Florida Offense of 2010 will not -- NOT -- NOT -- be as good as 2009 or 2008.   So it's not like they can walk away in this game.

I would say the final score will be something like 17-14.... and because of that, it will be a 50-50 chance that USF comes out on top.

Jim, pass me some of that wacky weed.   ;D

With all of the Gator issues this year, it might be 50/50, if...

• We didn't have a brand new coaching staff installing a brand new offense.
  • We didn't have a sophomore QB playing in this brand new offense
  • We had more than one WR playing in the game with anything resembling real game experience.
  • Our best two running backs (Scott, Aycock) weren't sitting out this year after transferring in.
  • We didn't lose four defensive players to the NFL draft last year.  Or was it five?
  • Our expected top returning LB wasn't barely hanging on to a backup spot after an "interesting" offseason.

I'm sure I missed a few.  Normally you are spot on, but I'd have to say our chances are in the 15-20% range.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

I'm not getting that much into why we will or won't win... I have a simple mind when it comes to football... my logic is that we were as much of an underdog against Auburn and FSU as we are against UF... UF is rebuilding, they are in denial about it, and I think we have a 50-50 chance.

If we come out hitting hard and not making any mistakes then we have a shot, its going to take a lot of luck.

I wouldn't use rebuilding where UF is concerned, rather I'd say restocking.  Their cupboard is always pretty full, and that translates into extremely good 2nd and 3rd team players.  When you play at the Swamp at 12:20 p.m. in early September, you need to rotate the players frequently.  I believe UF has a deeper base where relief players are concerned. 

That being said, I Bullieve we have a chance to pull out a win against them, but need a lot of things to go our way.  We can't turn over the ball and have to avoid the stupid penalties. 

Archived