• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Countdown To Kickoff Subject #7 - Gata Nation Finally Starting To Worry?

Joe & Bullies -

The way you say things you clearly think the difference in talent level is SOOOO big. I don't. Yes, Florida has better players. But it's not like we're Troy or Miami of Ohio. Heck, USF's players are better than HALF of the SEC.

The Florida Offense of 2010 will not -- NOT -- NOT -- be as good as 2009 or 2008.   So it's not like they can walk away in this game.

I would say the final score will be something like 17-14.... and because of that, it will be a 50-50 chance that USF comes out on top.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Florida offense was terrible last year...they'll be better this year with their receivers healthy and the Moody/Demps combo.

I think if we win this game, we've gotta score at least 24 points. The QB is really the only question for Florida, who will run the ball a lot.

• Content Count:  2,461
  • Days Won:  0

I don't think the UF offense -has- to be as good as the 2008 & 2009 teams to get the job done here.

Of course, I hope I'm wrong.

Florida offense was terrible last year...they'll be better this year with their receivers healthy and the Moody/Demps combo.

I think if we win this game, we've gotta score at least 24 points. The QB is really the only question for Florida, who will run the ball a lot.

Our receivers have more experience than theirs do.  And that is without Love and Griffin.

Moody/Demps are good... but they use RB by committee - and we stopped WVU with that kind of combination.

I don't think either team is going to score 24 points...

• Content Count:  2,923
  • Days Won:  1

The Gatas are well coached playing at home, it will be a tough task for the Bulls with new defensive and offensive systems and coaches to roll into G'Ville and win the game.  Point is, if the coaches and players bullieve they can win the game the Bulls have a chance to win despite the odds, the game is played on the field and not on paper.  Bulls 2010-Bullieve!

• Content Count:  6,851
  • Days Won:  22

The gators at home will be favorites. BUT Im not one of those that thonks we have less than a 10% of winning. If thats the case why play the game and not just give them the win.

ANYTHNG can happen on the field and I certaintly have seen bigger "upsets" than USF beating UF in 2010.

If we wnat to think of ourselves as in the big leagues and the Big Four then we need to stop acting like ANY team is too good to beat. Expect too win EVERY time.

Go Bullls!!!!!!

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

We have a whole bunch of Ifs.

If BJ plays a great game.

If our D plays like they did @ FSU

If Coach Holtz is as good as we think he is.

If we start fast or keep it close.

If we can run the ball like Bama did (yes I have seen this comment posted by someone)

If Florida takes us lightly (this might actually be so)

If this, if that, and if so. Too many **** ifs.

FSU we had two ifs. If the stage wasn't too big for BJ and If the D could get to Ponder.

For me all those ifs lead to 7% chance. With all these Ifs we sound like another school.

I'm not saying we can't win. I'm just saying the odds are long.

Other than BJ our O has no one that is a proven game changer. Our D seems untested in too many areas. The only place I feel we are solid is place kicker and an inconsistent QB.

Can we win? Of course. Will I call this game a pick em (50-50)? No way. Will we win? That's why they play the games. Tune in on Sept 11th.

Like someone said Urbs panic button is not winning the division or conference and finishing with 8 or 9 wins. 9 wins is the best we have EVER done.

• Content Count:  1,757

How about this "if"?  If one of the freshmen RBs gel with the offensive line by the second game of the season, we will have about a 50/50 shot of keeping this game at 14 points or less.  If Battles or Murray get into a rhythm at finding and hitting the hole, we're in this game.

That's quite the big if.  If not, this could get ugly by the fourth quarter. 

• Content Count:  558

Listen, both sides have many unknowns. The assumption from the polls and gata supporters here is that Brantley will be better than tebow in passing and that the hurt TE will be able to run on 3rd down like Tebow did. If we can rattle Brantley and BJ has a similar performance to FSU game, we win. BJ's ability to run is the x factor in this game. Becoming a pocket passer will have to wait until week 4. No holds barred for the gata game.

• Content Count:  728

I say, get ready to be the top story on Sportscenter at the conclusion of the last game on ESPN on September 11th.

Archived