• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

6-11 Center Geoff Goselle: Bad News

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  247
  • Days Won:  0

6-10 center Geoff Groselle from Plano, TX is visiting 9/3.  Hope things go well we could use a good high school post player that can grow in our system.  His video looks like he has some good intangibles.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

We need some high schoolers.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,626
  • Days Won:  424

Looks a little bigger than the 225 ... looks pretty athletic for a big guy ... wish the Muma Center was done.

For the old timers, reminds me a little of Granny ...

• Content Count:  126
  • Days Won:  0

Granny could barely dunk, much less a reverse dunk!  LOL!  Would be sweet if Groselle had his range though.  But we need someone who will play under the basket, not be 7-1 patrolling the wings!

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

seems like a tough kid... who will only get tougher as he develops and fills out a  little.

• Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

We need some high schoolers.

Correction: We need some GOOD HIGH SCHOOLERS.

I've been debating about this guy for about a week now and I don't want to appear negative but call me skeptical. I saw the video highlight and have read articles on Goselle and while he appears to maybe have some upside I just don't know. Texas and TAMU both evaluated him thoroughly but neither has yet to offer. If one or both of those two schools or even some other upper tier Big 12 schools had extended an invite I would feel better about the possibility of getting this guy.

We all have been down this road with Heath's recruiting so much these past 3 years it's hard to say anything other then Goselle is another HS player that may end up being 1 and done. You know where we get a guy that turns out not to be good enough for high level D-1, and he end up transferring after a year due to riding the pine and at the encouragement of the head coach.

Each year it's the same, we start off on the right guys but end up getting guys off the C list. Yeah there are diamonds in the rough out there, but so far Heath has not found a diamond. In the Big East you better have some diamonds that the other teams also want or you'll be up the creek w/o a paddle.

Once again I'm not being negative on Goselle but I don't know how anybody can say for fact that he will be anything other then another 1 and done player with our history.  I think we can get him and I really hope I'm wrong about this one. USF really needs to improve their recruiting or the bottom will soon be all ours. It appears that Rutgers, Depaul, and St John have figured it out so they should improve. USF needs to show that too.

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

We need good high school talent. Last years class of Fitz and now looks like Norie gave me some hope. But those are complimentary guys. We need to get a couple of recruits like a Gus or a DOJO (thanks McC) out of high school. One high quality guy per class (that can play immediately, not sit for a year) is what will be needed to keep USF relevant in NCAA basketball. Hopefully this happens.

• Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

He committed to Creighton this afternoon. He was visiting there this weekend and as we know had a visit to USF next weekend. Now this guy is a mid-major type player like I hinted at in the other post.

Archived