• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

6-11 Center Geoff Goselle: Bad News

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Well, it's pretty obvuious that USF will need to put together another good year, before recruits really believe that it wasn't  just a fluke because of D Jones.

At least Heath is giving off good vibes about the current team:

Coach_Heath

Good day of workouts- Veterans bigs should have a good year- very pleased w the athleticism of the new guys- Poland, Robertson and Rudd-

about 3 hours ago via Twitter for iPhone

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  2,408
  • Days Won:  5

I agree with all the talk of how important recruiting is, but its not an exact science.  DJ was a 3 star recruit that had two offers so guys can change once in a program.  This Goselle kid is going to a mid major so its not a big loss and who knows if we were even going to make him an offer.  I trust Stan and his decisions.  I'm sure he is recruiting a bunch of guys that he knows that are better suited for this program.  We picked up alot of good guys this year, who cares if the are JC guys or HS kids.  In the end Talent wins.  IF he keeps getting talented kids and winning and graduating USF wlil be fine

• Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

I agree with all the talk of how important recruiting is, but its not an exact science.  DJ was a 3 star recruit that had two offers so guys can change once in a program.  This Goselle kid is going to a mid major so its not a big loss and who knows if we were even going to make him an offer.  I trust Stan and his decisions.  I'm sure he is recruiting a bunch of guys that he knows that are better suited for this program.  We picked up alot of good guys this year, who cares if the are JC guys or HS kids.  In the end Talent wins.  IF he keeps getting talented kids and winning and graduating USF wlil be fine

Well Stan did offer the guy a scholarship and the planned trip was an official one.

He is recruiting guys that are better suited for this program and he's not getting them so far. The 6-11 kid was a reach imo. It could have been a panic move or maybe Stan believed that he could coached this guy up to be a able body in the BE. Either way doesn't matter since we didn't get him either.

It is a known fact that relying heavily on JC guys doesn't add up to a winning formula. Even Stan said he doen't like to recruit many JC players. To build and substain a winning program you need HS players.

MamaBull is right though when she says Stan nees to have a successful season. Poland and Robertson need to be just as good or even better than advertised this season.

Also I'm still holding out hope that we can get PG Shane Larkin. We get him and that will help us get other players on his level. Good HS players will want to play with Larkin.

Archived