• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Tailgate and Visitors Guide '10

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  172
  • Days Won:  0

Under bar-b-que, you need to add Big John's Alabama Bar-B-Que at 5707 North 40th Street, Tampa, FL 33610-3859  (813) 623-3600.  It's not too far from the campus.

If you include Big John's you also need to mention his daughter's place.

B J's Alabama BBQ

3307 S. Dale Mabry Highway

I always stop here when heading north to the stadium.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  3,034
  • Days Won:  5

It is 5 hours this year before kickoff unless it is a nooner...that will be 4 hours.

Where did you see 3 hours?

In under the parking lot map.

However, charcoal grills are okay in the parking lots! Of course, with only three hours to tailgate you better be prepared to get to it. One other parking option is located adjacent to the stadium grounds across the street (west) at Hillsborough Community College.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

www.cigarcitybrewing.com

Best craft beer in the Bay area by far and just a short jaunt down Dale Mabry from the stadium. 

• Content Count:  5,241

Brocato's just off i-4 next to 50th street

• Content Count:  309

It is 5 hours this year before kickoff unless it is a nooner...that will be 4 hours.

Where did you see 3 hours?

In under the parking lot map.

However, charcoal grills are okay in the parking lots! Of course, with only three hours to tailgate you better be prepared to get to it. One other parking option is located adjacent to the stadium grounds across the street (west) at Hillsborough Community College.

Ok thanks...I'll revise that paragraph and drop in the BBQ places tonight...also add the BrewPub.  Thanks all.

• Content Count:  2,052

Thanks again Mark for the fine job and the props!!!      The USFReaper_ founding member of Bulls Tailgating Association

I'll add a link for your forum in my writeup...hopefully you guys can add a link here for my guides.

• Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

Great guide Mark.  A few things though, Arigato's Japanese Steakhouse is no longer at the old location.  It burned down a few years ago.  They are building a new one, but it hasn't opened yet in Tampa.  There is still one in Clearwater.  Also, I don't think that Miami Subs on Columbus is around either.  Someone who passes by there more might be able to verify this.  And I believe all of the Shells restaurants are closed down.  At least the ones at the beach, I think are all gone.  Other than that, great site. 

Great guide Mark.  A few things though, Arigato's Japanese Steakhouse is no longer at the old location.  It burned down a few years ago.  They are building a new one, but it hasn't opened yet in Tampa.  There is still one in Clearwater.  Also, I don't think that Miami Subs on Columbus is around either.  Someone who passes by there more might be able to verify this.  And I believe all of the Shells restaurants are closed down.  At least the ones at the beach, I think are all gone.  Other than that, great site. 

Thanks...wow the Shells closed down?  Had some good times there in the past.

Brocato's just off i-4 next to 50th street

Already in there....

Archived