• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I wonder if Holtz could smooth talk this guy to USF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

We never had a chance at wilder...

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  574
  • Days Won:  0

Wilder is completely off the market now, after committing to FSU this afternoon.

Seems that way.

Meanwhile, his teammate Posada was wearing a USF shirt today at the school after giving a verbal to Michigan last week. So, you never really know up until signing day.

Wow. Was that confirmed or just a rumor?  That makes zero sense to me after what he said about USF the day before committing to Michigan.

• Content Count:  1,894

kid has an ego for sure but lets be honest, yea you can be a stud and still get signed but we havent had a 1,000 yard wr. If we do then we can get one of these kids. He can to to an sec school, get PROVEN to send kids to the NFL teams. I believe he said the sec defenses were the best and if you do well against them  it bodes well. No chance with this kid, I did think that Jones kid was diggin USF.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Wilder is completely off the market now, after committing to FSU this afternoon.

Seems that way.

Meanwhile, his teammate Posada was wearing a USF shirt today at the school after giving a verbal to Michigan last week. So, you never really know up until signing day.

Wow. Was that confirmed or just a rumor?  That makes zero sense to me after what he said about USF the day before committing to Michigan.

FlaVarsity Tony Posada is also here but wearing a USF shirt. Interesting considering he committed to Michigan last week

about 7 hours ago via Twitter for Android

Retweeted by cdowlar and 3 others

http://twitter.com/cdowlar

• Content Count:  574

HAHA. Its from Corey?  Oh man...you have no idea how funny that is.  No wonder I didn't see it.  I went from Corey's biggest fan to to not wanting anything to do with him in a matter of hours today.

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Plant guys feel USF is beneath them. Shame for them.

• Content Count:  5,241

Seems that way.

FlaVarsity Tony Posada is also here but wearing a USF shirt. Interesting considering he committed to Michigan last week

about 7 hours ago via Twitter for Android

Retweeted by cdowlar and 3 others

http://twitter.com/cdowlar

Im gonna guess laundry day??? These guys gotta use all the swag they get before they officially go to their schools

• Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

kid has an ego for sure but lets be honest, yea you can be a stud and still get signed but we havent had a 1,000 yard wr. If we do then we can get one of these kids. He can to to an sec school, get PROVEN to send kids to the NFL teams. I believe he said the sec defenses were the best and if you do well against them  it bodes well. No chance with this kid, I did think that Jones kid was diggin USF.

interestingly enough, i've seen quotes from nfl picks, coaches, and college athletes (after picking a "lesser" school) saying the exact opposite. regardless of who you play, sec ball, acc ball, BE ball, WAC ball...good is good, and a player "will stand out no matter who his competition is". To me, that makes playing for the best or worse conference a moot point (though it holds some water when comparing an FBS athlete to an FCS athlete). Scouts for the pros are looking at how a player plays, his physical attributes and technique and style.

USF is proven to send kids to the NFL just as much as Florida is, or UCF, or Idaho, or Bum State. I don't buy into the "go to so and so's school or conference and you'll do better" crap.

I can see he USF was never on his radar, and that's fine. But then again, nothing is official until signing day. And there's a reason signing day is after the season, because all it takes is one play and this guy is crutching around on the sidelines watching his stock drop.

• Content Count:  1,400

http://ncaafootball.fanhouse.com/2010/08/17/sources-top-recruit-james-wilder-jr-headed-to-georgia/

I saw this guy on one of those BHSN games, and he's a real weapon. He's the #2 ATH in the 2011 class, but looks like he's headed for SEC land. Would love to have him sit down with Holtz and see if they can convince him to check out USF (which I'm sure he has visited and knows about being at Plant HS).

Could be a real coup if we were to get a guy like this. Need to also go after some of his team mates, and sometimes that might help sway him.

yeah He is going to FSU that article with the "unnamed sources" another attempt of Mcturdphy trowing crap at the wall an just to see what sticks.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,629
  • Days Won:  424

Seems that way.

I know he said we were really never in the running. .. but didn't he also say we were his top in-state choice? Maybe there's a small glimmer of hope ...  ;)

Archived