• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Series with UF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

We should play UCF every year.  We sell 20k+ more tickets to that game than we will against WKU or any other crap team we do a home and home with.

Look at FSU.  They lost to us and guess what... nothing has changed.  Nothing will change if we lose to UCF.  We might as well generate some freaking revenue by bringing in a game everyone except for a few internet-nazi's will come out to and enjoy.

Would you rather take Miami and FSU off of the home schedule in order to get UCF back on it?

No, but I'd sure as hell give up slippery rock or WKU this year.

Or one of the two 1AA schools we played last year.

Or one of the games we dont even have scheduled next year as our schedule is still not complete.

You're point is not a valid argument to not play UCF.

You want to play them and that's fine. We should aspire to bigger and better things. Playing Miami and FSU does this. Trying to lock in another BCS OOC game does this.

I've said this before, but if we're going to play UCF again (and it will be some deal where we have to travel there), then the games in orlando must be at the Citrus Bowl. If not, then no deal.

Playing better BCS teams and playing UCF are not mutually exclusive.  Your argument is not valid until our entire schedule is full of teams that are better than UCF making us pick UCF over another BCS team.

But we literally decided not to continue our series with UCF and picked up a home and home with Western Kentucky.  Last season we had two 1AA games.  It's hard to argue that UCF does not improve our scheduling.  It's ignorant to argue that it wont increase our revenue.

Adding UCF would both increase our revenue and give us a better schedule.  Since we're so dead set on playing two non-BCS team every season I'm not sure we could find more than a handful that would be a better choice than UCF.  I assure you WKU is not one of them.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  99
  • Days Won:  0

But we literally decided not to continue our series with UCF and picked up a home and home with Western Kentucky.  

How anyone can argue the point that USF just wanted to add better schools when faced with this point is beyond me? A home and home with WKU? Are you kidding?

• Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

If we were to beat them this year, it would be a long time before they played us again. Ask Miami fans about that...

^ This

• Content Count:  7,048
  • Days Won:  11

I thought we didn't renew ucf to pick up the miami series

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

A home and home with WKU? Are you kidding?

If you have been around since the first season, then you'd know why we signed them for the 2009 and 2010 games.

• Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

Last season we had two 1AA games.

Not by choice, thanks to Rutgers for stealing FIU off our schedule.

• Content Count:  149

Playing USF is a lose-lose for UF. 

In their minds we aren't in the same league and we should be happy they are paying us to beat us.  If we happened to beat them (I'm praying and I'll be in the stands yelling but not holding my breath) it would be devastating to UF's nation image and recruiting.  Beating them would basically kill any and all return games.

How much are they paying us to go up there?

and btw, if we beat them in one game it wouldn't change their recruiting a single bit.

• Content Count:  2,558

If you have been around since the first season, then you'd know why we signed them for the 2009 and 2010 games.

and that is?

• Content Count:  149

and that is?

I think it was a "tip of the hat" for scheduling favors back in our first couple seasons.  They talked about it during the game broadcast last year.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

and that is?

When we were beginning as a program and needed games WKU played us in our first four seasons (Georgia Southern was going to as well, but they dropped the final 2 games). When WKU moved up to 1 A they needed some games, so we helped them in the same manner that they helped us.

Archived