• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Series with UF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  149
  • Days Won:  0

Holtz said today he would rather play UF, Miami, or FSU than UCF.  But, he did not rule out UCF, just said, you have to play the best to be the best. 

Nobody is going to refute the fact that playing the Big 3 is better than playing UCF.

I'm just saying that playing Stony-Brook, Western Kentucky, and Florida Atlantic are worse than playing UCF. 

Next year we start a home and home with Ball state.  A home and home with UCF is a better option than Ball state.  Very few people are going to go to Indiana to watch us play the cardinals, there's even a chance the game wont make a TV line-up.  If we play UCF instead, we get a sell out at Ray-Jay and send 5k+ fans to Brigthouse stadium to watch it live (maybe as part of our series contract we can ask for a 10k allotment of seats in the tin can).  Instead we get around 45k at ray-jay for the home game with Ball State.

I 2nd this...

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

I'm just saying that playing Stony-Brook, Western Kentucky, and Florida Atlantic are worse than playing UCF. 

We're always going to have a 1 AA home game.

I agree that playing WKU is worse than playing UCF, but the reasons for playing them were mentioned earlier.

Playing FAU is is the same as playing UCF.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

Look at FSU.  They lost to us and guess what... nothing has changed. Nothing will change if we lose to UCF.  We might as well generate some freaking revenue by bringing in a game everyone except for a few internet-nazi's will come out to and enjoy.

I think Bobby Bowden would disagree ... and maybe Terrence Mitchell would, too.

Reality, though, is the gap between us and the Big 3 is far wider than the one between us and UCF ... Now you just keep those green and gold goggles strapped on tight and think that a loss to them wouldn't mean anything. Take a peek at the last couple of years recruiting and the players that opted for them over us .. Hell, they're even taking the criminals away from us. The short term bump in a couple of games attendance-wise is not enough to overcome the downside of a loss ... at this point in our development. The best thing for our program, right now ... which is what everyone should be looking at... is to take the 4-0 record and sit on it.

Sieg heil.    ;)

This may be somewhat of a conspiracy theory, but here it goes: UCF has recently dropped a road game at WVU at the last minute, and they either did the same thing to Pitt, or they pushed it back some years and put Pitt in a bind.

I'm wondering if there is some Big East wide backlash for not putting them on the schedule right now.

• Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

This may be somewhat of a conspiracy theory, but here it goes: UCF has recently dropped a road game at WVU at the last minute, and they either did the same thing to Pitt, or they pushed it back some years and put Pitt in a bind.

I'm wondering if there is some Big East wide backlash for not putting them on the schedule right now.

They have burned some bridges in the Big East and else where.  The most notable being when they dropped Tennessee on short notice as the opener of their erector set for Texas.

This is one reason I have my doubts when it comes to them getting an invite to the Big East.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

I agree that playing WKU is worse than playing UCF, but the reasons for playing them were mentioned earlier.

Playing FAU is BETTER than playing UCF, because we were able a sign a 2-1 series with them. Let's just hope they keep their end of the bargain, unlike FIU.

Playing FAU is BETTER than playing UCF, because we were able a sign a 2-1 series with them.

Touche. I had totally forgotten that.

Archived