• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Basketball recruiting: Some names to watch

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

Udate time again as names continue to pop up with USF interest. This time it comes from the junior college ranks and he's a stud!

Robert Goff, 6-9 PF, Hutchinson CC- Likely the top big man prospect in the junior college ranks, the Indianapolis native has really made strides under head coach Steve Eck. Explosive off the floor, he rises above the crowd for backboard shaking dunks, runs the floor and contests shots around the rim. Love the way he finishes with either hand. Among those involved or looking to be are Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Kansas State, South Florida, Alabama and Oregon.

Look very carefully at the bold highlight of the JC this big guy plays at. Yes it is the very same school we got Jawanza Poland from last recruiting class. I think we will be a major player for this guy and we do want him.

One more thing about Goff, he is an Indiana native so he could want to go back home and Crean is trying to get him back to Indiana. Now if you look at his list of schools Indiana isn't on it now. I think we have a shot if Goff and Poland are really good friends. Heath and Coach Cox have been recruiting him at least since they started on Poland

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Udate time again as names continue to pop up with USF interest. This time it comes from the junior college ranks and he's a stud!

Robert Goff, 6-9 PF, Hutchinson CC- Likely the top big man prospect in the junior college ranks, the Indianapolis native has really made strides under head coach Steve Eck. Explosive off the floor, he rises above the crowd for backboard shaking dunks, runs the floor and contests shots around the rim. Love the way he finishes with either hand. Among those involved or looking to be are Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Kansas State, South Florida, Alabama and Oregon.

Look very carefully at the bold highlight of the JC this big guy plays at. Yes it is the very same school we got Jawanza Poland from last recruiting class. I think we will be a major player for this guy and we do want him.

I remember his name from when we were recruiting Poland. I was hoping that he would eventually be looking at USF as well.  ;D

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,653
  • Days Won:  424

His nickname isn't "Pig" by any chance, is it??

His nickname isn't "Pig" by any chance, is it??

No that nickname belongs to the former Auburn Tiger and Tampa Bay Buc Defensive linemen.

Shane Larkin Update

Dr. Phillips' Shane Larkin says UCF is on his basketball radar

New UCF men's basketball coach Donnie Jones didn't take long to impress Dr. Phillips' Shane Larkin with his aggressive, optimistic approach to recruiting players.

Jones showed up at DP the day UCF officially announced he was taking the Knights job.

"That showed me they really wanted me," Larkin said between AAU national tournament games at Disney this week. "Since then, UCF has probably given me the most attention of anybody. They call me every time the NCAA says they're allowed to."

"Coach Jones tells me he wants to put the ball in my hands," said Larkin, a 6-foot guard who is a blur on the break and a magician with the basketball. "He told me he wants to get some top players from Orlando every year, and we can make a run at Memphis for the Conference USA title."

UCF is definitely an option for me now," the son of former Cincinnati Reds baseball star Barry Larkin said Tuesday. "It's close to home so my family and friends could come see me play. The new arena is very nice. There's a lot of positives."

DP coach Anthony Long said UCF coach Kirk Speraw did great work, but Jones can take the Knights to another level thanks to the top-notch facilities in place. Long became a friend of Jones' when he coached at Gainesville High and Jones was a UF assistant.

"UCF probably has the nicest arena in the state now, which is still a little bit of an unknown," Long said. "I'm a big Donnie Jones fan. I think he will be able to get some top kids on campus to see what they have, and he's going to be able to get higher-level recruits. He's a top-notch coach."

Read the whole article by clicking link below

http://varsity.orlandosentinel.com/os-hs-collings-0728-20100728,0,883642.column

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Stan_Heath_bigger.jpg

Coach_Heath

Whew! Last day of summer recruiting. Real pleased with where we are with our 2011 guys.

about 4 hours ago via Twitter for iPhone

http://twitter.com/Coach_Heath

2011 Center Adrian Diaz commits to the Kansas St Wildcats. Frank Martin is a tough recruiter and gets another good one from Florida.

• 3 weeks later...

6-6 Wing Forward Durand Johnson commits to Pitt today. :(

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,653
  • Days Won:  424

6-6 Wing Forward Durand Johnson commits to Pitt today. :(

Did I miss his name up there somewhere?

• Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Yeah, good point, Trips. With the recent commits to other schools, would anyone be so kind to post an updated list of names that USF is still in the hunt for?

And in the spirit of the Pan American University Games in Brazil, "obrigado."

Archived