• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Basketball recruiting: Some names to watch

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

PG/SG - Shane Larkin (6ft, Orlando, FL)- Could be the best player in the state right there with Austin Rivers imo. Excellent shooter with plenty of speed and quickness to get to the basket and get off his shoot.  He is very much a true PG just so happens he is more than capable of being a deadly scorer as well. USF, VCU, USC, plus many more trying to get in on him.

PG/SG - Daniel Sapp - (6-3)The Oakland Park (Fla.) Northeast standout runs off screens well and can hit open three-pointers but Sapp is best out in transition. He's fast with the ball in his hands but also under control, rarely wild going to the basket. Sapp is proving to be one of the most-skilled players in the state. Western Kentucky, UCF, South Florida, Georgia State and Georgia involved. Nebraska, Old Dominion, FAU and Murray State are also in the mix.

SG - Mike Taylor (6-3, Brooklyn, NY)- The shooting guard is both strong and quick when he has the ball in his hand. He is an excellent all around shooter from all ranges. He is a high level shooter who thrives on taking and making big shots. South Florida, South Carolina, Pitt, Rutgers

C - Adrian Diaz (7ft, 205, Hialeah, FL)- Long and athletic 7-footer with a tremendous skill set for his age. Has over 25 schools strongly looking at him including USF. Has a brother that plays at North Florida. I think he should be our #1 Center target for this class.

SF - Tyler Harris (6-7, 180, Brookville, NY)- Long lefty G/F that can do a lot of things on the court. Another very good shooter as well. The younger brother of former McDonald's AA Tobias Harris(Tenn). Tyler has no desire to play with his brother in college. Wide open at the moment with many suitors.

SF - Maurice Harkless(6-6, South Kent, CT) - Former UCONN commit with no desire to consider then again. One of the top SFs in the class of 2011 is a really long(7-2 wing span) athlete that attacks the rim with the best of them. Will in up in the Big East somewhere imo.  DePaul, South Florida, Memphis, Rutgers, St. John’s, Maryland, Arizona and Xavier. “He’s the best player here and he’s one of the better ones I’ve seen in a [while], he’s got it,†said former Syracuse star John Wallace.

PG - Kelvin Amayo (6-5, Jamaica, Queens) - Already has a college body and he loves to flex his muscles on the rim as he puts on a show with thunderous dunks at every tournament he's at... gravity defying leaper. Amayo is a strong and powerful guard who can get to the basket on his defender and is aggressive finishing at the basket. He also gets to the free-throw line on numerous occasions due to his ability to get to the rim. Amayo has decent vision and can create open shots for his teammates when penetrating. He does not show an overly consistent jumper, but he doesn't need to most of the time due to his driving ability. Amayo is also a force several defensively. USF is just starting to pick up interest on the guy as he is having a breakout summer. Along with USF, Georgia, Seton Hall, Rutgers, Memphis, Tennessee, Maryland, Western Kentucky, Indiana, Delaware.

SF - David Rivers(6-6, 190, Little Rock, Ar) - High ceiling guy who is... well you know a GREAT ATHLETE, lol. Was underrated becoming the AAU events got under way but college coaches know about him now. Growing skill set as he is more of a slasher type right now as he looks to improve his jumper.

C - Gregory Lewis(6-9, 230, St Francis, Md) - Always known as an athletic Big man that dunks, rebounds, and blocks shots. He has been showing an improved post game this summer. Maryland, USF, and a few others are after him.

I'll try to add some more names and with some help keep updating these guys and where USF stands. It looks to be a strong in state class this season and hopefully USF can land 2 or 3 of these guys. Larkin is obviously the crown jewel and what a great get he would be as the center piece of our 2011 class and the future of USF Bulls basketball. I have some videos that I'll post later tonight...or at least that's the plan. ;)

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,797
  • Days Won:  0

You can add Javontae Hawkins, wing from Flint (MI) Powers HS.  he favors Mich right now, but really likes USF and Coach Heath.

Normal

You can add Javontae Hawkins, wing from Flint (MI) Powers HS.  he favors Mich right now, but really likes USF and Coach Heath.

Normal

He is a 2012 prospect and I was trying to keep the topic limited to 2011 prospects. However I will file this name away along with Tampa's own SG Michael Frazier who might end up a McDonald's All American. Looks like the state schools will have a heated battle for this guy. I just hope the AAU and or HS coach stays out of it which I'm not sure will happen. Frazier should not be leaving Tampa to play else where, but things could get nasty.

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Give me Taylor, Diaz, Harkless and Larkin.

How many scholarships do we have available by the way?

Give me Taylor, Diaz, Harkless and Larkin.

How many scholarships do we have available by the way?

We have 2 right now but that will definitely grow to 3 with a possibility to 4 if Gilchrist turns pro after a stellar season.

Larkin and Diaz are must imo because not only are they very talented but also are in state guys. We need to start getting the talent within the state now. There is also SG Michael Frazier(Tampa) for the 2012 class that needs to be wearing a Bulls jersey too. Let's make USF a top choice for in state recruits in basketball.

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

You are right. Gotta get the few high quality basketball players in this state to SERIOUSLY consider USF

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

What is Michael Frazier's relation to Anddrick, if any? 

• Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

What is Michael Frazier's relation to Anddrick, if any? 

Don't think there is one - I've read a couple of articles about him and I'm sure the local papers would have brought it up if they were brothers or something. Michael's dad is a pastor in downtown Tampa.

A few updates on potential recruits.

First off I'll be adding 6-5 SG Nick Faust and 6-3 SG Rashawn Rembert to the list. Faust is rated the 18th best at his position and 57th overall in the 2011 class by Rivals. Rembert is a 3 star by Scout and likely by Rivals too once the new updates come. He is also a Tampa resident that plays for Sickles HS. Interesting player, has played himself into a high D-1 prospect imo. USF is taking a serious interest in him but no scholarship offer as of yet. He plans on deciding in September so Heath has to be careful that this guy doesn't get away if we miss on someone like Tyler Harris. Daniel Sapp also falls into the same category as Rembert.

Highly tauted Maurice Harkless has added UCONN back to his list of suitors after decommitting from them 2 months ago and declaring they would no longer be an option. Also his handler didn't mention USF as a possible destination anymore on the latest update about his recruitment. Might need to scratch that dream from your head, although up until recently Maurice has looked very much overrated this summer. Remember we do have Rudd signed for next season so SF isn't a huge need as PG, SG, and the post.

Udate time again as names continue to pop up with USF interest. This time it comes from the junior college ranks and he's a stud!

Robert Goff, 6-9 PF, Hutchinson CC- Likely the top big man prospect in the junior college ranks, the Indianapolis native has really made strides under head coach Steve Eck. Explosive off the floor, he rises above the crowd for backboard shaking dunks, runs the floor and contests shots around the rim. Love the way he finishes with either hand. Among those involved or looking to be are Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Kansas State, South Florida, Alabama and Oregon.

Look very carefully at the bold highlight of the JC this big guy plays at. Yes it is the very same school we got Jawanza Poland from last recruiting class. I think we will be a major player for this guy and we do want him.

Archived