• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Basketball recruiting: Some names to watch

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

IMO, Larkin should be out No. 1 target. I got to about 90% of DP games, brother-in-law is the HC, so I have seen a lot of Larkin. I am biased, but I like him better than Rivers. He'll handle adversity better. Rivers is probably the better player, but not by much. BTW, Rivers was ejected from a game last season when they played DP. He was called for traveling a couple of times and slammed his hand on the scorers table out of frustration. I have seen several outbursts from him like this. He will be great at UF if that is where he ends up. Should fit in nicely there. Larkin is a great PG, distributes the ball very well, and can shoot. Heath needs to be on this kid any time the NCAA says that he can be.

It wouldn't hurt having his dad around the school either. Maybe he can spend some time with Prado in the infield over on the new baseball diamond.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

Orlando Bull at this point I'll settle for Larkin and just hold the rest of the scholarships until after the season. Maybe then Stan will fire at least Hansen and hire somebody to recruit for him like he had at Arkansas. Heath is easily the worse recruiting head coach in the BE, good guy and good floor coach, but below average recruiter. Also for some reason he doesn't recruit the state of Florida hard enough which is a major issue all to itself. I hope his pitch to Larkin is better then the one he gave to Tyler Harris last Sunday.

A stud PG should help recruiting as other guys will want to play with him. It will be a **** shame if Larkin ends up at Colorado or Boston College. Those two schools have been making him a top priority.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

According to Rivals, JUCO center Andre Jackson from Lee CC is scheduled to visit this weekend.

He originally signed with So Miss.

2400908.jpeg

http://southernmiss.cstv.com/sports/m-baskbl/mtt/jackson_andre00.html

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Lee College profile for Andre Jackson. They list him as 6'10 300 pounds:

http://www.lee.edu/athletics/basketball/bios/1_andre.pdf

Sources say that Larkin was on campus last night, and USF is in his top 5. Can Heath make a big impression on him and his family?

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Gotta get Larkin. Our point guards are suspect at best.

• Content Count:  1,797
  • Days Won:  0

Agreed Delda.  I am not sold on Crater.  He needs to do a better job of getting the ball up the court and into the hands of our scorers.  We will miss Howard more than most understand.

Normal

Crater really struggled in Brazil which is a big reason why USF got silver instead of gold. Showtime Haynes has never been a PG and trying to adapt to the position. A big learning curve for a 6ft guy that didn't average 2 asst per game last season in JC.

"After high school I want to.......start 4 years of college at a high D-1 school and make it to the NBA." Those words are from Shane Larkin

Btw Wake Forrest is his dream school, or at it was. It's the fact that Chris Paul played there.

Chris Warren (ole miss) went to the same HS as Larkin. USF never contacted him, all he wanted was D-1 as close to home as possible. Missed the boat on that one.

Larkin came and is gone. However the visit went well

Archived