• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

LB Edsel Caprice

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  574
  • Days Won:  0

Chapel Hill is a VERY nice town....to raise a family. My wife went to Elon, which is right down the road in Burlington and we have friends in Durham. And the Rays have the Durham Bulls.  ;D

As a 30+ year old guy that is married and has a new baby....Chapel Hill would be a great place to live.  But, when my wife was going to school at Elon....they were bored out of their minds in that area.  What 18-22 year olds think of when looking for a place to live is different than a married couple.  That is why I said Tampa was 10 more exciting.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

Chapel Hill is a VERY nice town....to raise a family. My wife went to Elon, which is right down the road in Burlington and we have friends in Durham. And the Rays have the Durham Bulls.  ;D

As a 30+ year old guy that is married and has a new baby....Chapel Hill would be a great place to live.  But, when my wife was going to school at Elon....they were bored out of their minds in that area.  What 18-22 year olds think of when looking for a place to live is different than a married couple.  That is why I said Tampa was 10 more exciting.

I live right next to Elon, and it's 45 minutes to an hour from the Triangle (Raliegh, Durham, and Chapel Hill).  You're right that Elon is pretty much dead for 18-22 year olds...but that's like saying Tampa isn't exciting based upon going to Lakeland.  I'm not saying Tampa doesn't have Chapel Hill beat on this level of "excitingness"--it does--but unless that's top priority on a recruit's list, I don't think there's a lot of difference between the two.

All I'm saying is not to underestimate what type of recruiter Butch Jones and the Heels are.  The town isn't going to make the difference for Edsel.

• Content Count:  4,016

First,

asthetics and things to do in a city mean something to the kids not only for themselves, but also for visiting families.  If Edsel is in Tampa, during the hot summer (Chapel Hill gets God Awful hot too), once summer conditioning is over it's nice to have something else to do too.

Second,

UNC supports football, but it's not rabid about football.  They've hired a very egotistical coach for football.  Who won't be satisfied long-term coaching in a stadium that holds close to 60k, and a program that gets ignored the moment hoops hits the hardwood.  Like Mack Brown before him he will move along to the elite, because Butch is elite.  My guess is he won't be at UNC for another 3 years, I see a UMich, Miami, or UT eventually stealing him away as I see coaches at those schools as not long-term options.  Remember Tre Boston is all happy in UNC, but they were not his first choice either.

This one is interesting and fun to watch.  Fingers crossed for Edsel...

• Content Count:  1,266

anyone know what HQ USF vid caprice posted?

just curious...

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

anyone know what HQ USF vid caprice posted?

just curious...

2009 football highlights.

Hope this link works.

http://www.facebook.com/ecaprice?v=wall#!/video/video.php?v=135034753196032&ref=mf

• Content Count:  1,266

thanks mama, but I can't get on to FB at work

First,

asthetics and things to do in a city mean something to the kids not only for themselves, but also for visiting families.  If Edsel is in Tampa, during the hot summer (Chapel Hill gets God Awful hot too), once summer conditioning is over it's nice to have something else to do too.

Second,

UNC supports football, but it's not rabid about football.  They've hired a very egotistical coach for football.  Who won't be satisfied long-term coaching in a stadium that holds close to 60k, and a program that gets ignored the moment hoops hits the hardwood.  Like Mack Brown before him he will move along to the elite, because Butch is elite.  My guess is he won't be at UNC for another 3 years, I see a UMich, Miami, or UT eventually stealing him away as I see coaches at those schools as not long-term options.  Remember Tre Boston is all happy in UNC, but they were not his first choice either.

This one is interesting and fun to watch.  Fingers crossed for Edsel...

Agree.  I said I don't think the town is going to make the difference here.

• Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

All I'm saying is not to underestimate what type of recruiter Butch Jones and the Heels are.  The town isn't going to make the difference for Edsel.

Butch Davis is the coach at UNC, and Butch Jones is the coach at Cinci. Davis is a hell of a recruiter, don't underestimate his drawing power. He coached the U through their dark period, and Larry Coker, arguably, won the national championship with Davis' recruits. That said, why follow tradition at a basketball school when you can make a blazing mark of history at USF? Vamos Toros!

Butch Davis is the coach at UNC, and Butch Jones is the coach at Cinci. Davis is a hell of a recruiter, don't underestimate his drawing power. He coached the U through their dark period, and Larry Coker, arguably, won the national championship with Davis' recruits. That said, why follow tradition at a basketball school when you can make a blazing mark of history at USF? Vamos Toros!

Haha...thanks for the correction.  Too many Butches...  ::)

• Content Count:  4,016

I agree because he seems to brush off the appearance, and amenities in both cities as being equal-- which we all know they're not.  Meaning it's coming down to coaches, football program, and maybe to a lesser extent facilities and location.

Given that location in this instance will only be important in the fact it's close enough for his family to see him at USF with a short drive, and Chapel Hill is not.  Maybe that matters, maybe it doesn't, but I am betting it has some importance since he couldn't make a decision until his family had seen both.

Me personally I just don't see UNC as a program capable of keeping Butch Davis for the long-term.  He's already been talked about for multiple jobs, and a guy that's already had major success in college and went to the pros at such an early age illustrates how egotistical he is, and how you know the moment a super school shows serious interest in Butch he's gone.  Done.  He's spent to much time at the top already to not want to be back up there, so then you say as a player do you really want to be on another "Carl Torbush" type of team and situation?  Carl took over for Mack Brown after Mack went 11-1 at UNC, and Carl's subsequent season UNC went 6-6.  After Mack Brown UNC endured 11 years of losing seasons, mediocrity, and nothing better than one 8 win season under Torbush and Bunting.  

Archived