• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF gives Stan Heath an extension through 2015

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  22,724
  • Days Won:  109

I think consistency is the best road to making USF at least respectabull in basketball.  Changing coaches every other year for a program that will probably never be an elite program would only make matters worse.  Another good move by our AD.

Guest AstroBull

That's showing a real commitment to Stan Heath for his hard work.  I was stunned when we hired him at nearly 700K...I'm glad to see the commitment to the sport I love.

Whatever happened to Brett McMurphy's accusations of NCAA violations?  With that on the periphery there is no way USF would have given him a new contract.  I guess it was more McMuprhy manufacturing of a story?  Apparently, nothing to worry about.

Looks like a couple of self reported secondary violations and loss of one week's worth of summer conditioning

http://blogs.tampabay.com/usf/2010/07/usf-found-13-minor-ncaa-violations-in-0910.html

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

I think consistency is the best road to making USF at least respectabull in basketball.  Changing coaches every other year for a program that will probably never be an elite program would only make matters worse.  Another good move by our AD.

Nice.

Guest nybullsfan

Hopefully, a steady diet of 20+ win seasons is on the way so we can increase the assistants pool also.

I don't have any other data to compare to, but seems low low, since the total is less than 1/2 of BCSH's salary alone...

• Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

Great news!!  Heath is working miracles here so far.

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

New basketball practice facility.....CHECK

Head coach locked in.....CHECK

New arena.....

New arena not necessary until we can fill the old one.  UF has done just fine with their arena which is just like ours and from around the same date (if you count their NC title and tons of NBA players).

No need to put the cart in front of the horse.  Lets get the program in a winning way, then worry about that.  There is much work to do first.

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

That's showing a real commitment to Stan Heath for his hard work.  I was stunned when we hired him at nearly 700K...I'm glad to see the commitment to the sport I love.

Whatever happened to Brett McMurphy's accusations of NCAA violations?  With that on the periphery there is no way USF would have given him a new contract.  I guess it was more McMuprhy manufacturing of a story?  Apparently, nothing to worry about.

I know you are in AZ - too bad you are not here and able to see them play all of their games.

From personal experience, I can tell you that it is fun watching a team play with some consistency, and winning some of their big games.  Stan took a fractured program and has quickly turned it around. 

They did the right thing for him and this is a good move.  Arkansas fired him essentially because he could not beat the gators in their top seasons.  Their loss, our gain. 

• Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

New arena.....

New arena not necessary until we can fill the old one.  UF has done just fine with their arena which is just like ours and from around the same date (if you count their NC title and tons of NBA players).

No need to put the cart in front of the horse.  Lets get the program in a winning way, then worry about that.  There is much work to do first.

And UF has put millions in renovations to their arena. It isn't a landfill like the Sun Dome.

• Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

New arena.....

Yes, the O-Dome and the SunDome are similar, but they are vastly different.  The O-Dome has had extensive renovations throughout the years, while the SunDome has not.  They may look similar on the outside, but the insides are entirely different; theirs being superior (except for the bench seating in the lower sections).

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

New arena.....

Budget for all charter flights ....

2 out of 4. We're getting there.

Archived